Thatcher dead.

I didn't feel joy when Saddam was hanged. I did on Monday though. No shame, no apology.

I can't stand Bliar either

I've been out twice this week, will be out again when it stops raining ;) Nothing to do with me getting out on my bike or not

Evening All

Thatcher did more harm than good on micro scale. Thatcher did more harm than good on the macro scale. Thatcher was naive and certainly short sighted on many issues

But I think it's wrong to blame Thatcher solely for this;

1. It probably suited Tory mandarins at the time to have such a charismatic leader forcing ideology on a cowed nation - as soon as she lost the public's support she was dropped very quickly.

2. The left at the time was completely ineffective and succumbed to power struggles and militancy - if people flocked to Thatcher there was no credible alternative. The cure of Thatcher was far worse than the condition warranted.

3. You see human nature and society as a whole were responsible for the Thatcher years and certainly human nature allowed her flourish and push acquisition and selfishness on a sizeable and very willing proportion of the voting public.

So I don't like her, or for anything she stood for (same goes for Blair) - but cheering, and popping champagne? no thanks - it sounds selfish, greedy and short sighted, which is ironic as it is Thatcherism to a tee.

Latest posts

Back