Recommend a nice 5-arm bash guard

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
OK, so I've just bought these to go on my STS:

file.php

I'm planning on whipping the outer ring off, and having the bike set up as a 2 x 8. I had originally planned on getting a Hope bashguard to fit to them as I can get it in a colour to match my hubs, QRs, seatclamp and headset (all Hope Gunsmoke). I've since realised that Hope don't do a 5 arm bashguard (unless I'm not looking hard enough!).

Can someone recommend a similar 5-arm bashguard? Ideally I'd like it to be available in either Gunsmoke/Pewter to match all the bits mentioned above, or White (I'm building the bike with a white saddle and white grips).

stevet1":52oigs7t said:
Good luck, I tried looking around a while ago and found nothing.

I'm starting to get the same impression :(

There are a couple about, but they're all plasticky cheap looking ones. Perhaps I'll see if I can get an outer plate from a MRP slalom guide from somewhere..

I think you're going to struggle. By the time bash guards were popular, most cranks had gone to the four bolt pattern.

E13 used to do them, but they're plastic (which does make for a good bash ring), the DMR ones were / are available in 5 bolt but they're horrible and I think Salsa do them.

I have taken the teeth of a big ring for this purpose a couple of times.. a bit fiddly but worked fine once it was done.

Excuse the rusty chain.

race face makes a pretty beefy 5 bolt bash guard. I'm running a QBP tooth fairy (pictured), which works great for a 32t big ring, but I wouldn't mind something lighter, like a Salsa ring dinger.

Back