New Retro Stumpie

i've got a storm control in the shed. Crap on road, terrible on hardpack, heavy, but ploughed through the mud like a dream... might give it another go this winter.

That sucks! I've got an original '84 Stumpy and I love the looks it gets as I ride it about. Now everyone is going to think that its just another modern bike... Pah.

I've converted it to singlespeed as I use it for a commuter/town bike, but i do have the original XT groupset in a bag in the garage should I ever want to use 15 non-indexed gears again!

It also means that the thieving scumbags round here might mistake it for a £1600 bike and try to nick it. Rubbish.

9763795a1975000061b66842143m.jpg

Russ,

that's criminal riding that to work ;)

You should sell it to me....

Actually John, it may be on the market soon as we're trying to buy a house and if things get stretched then a couple of bikes may have to go :cry:

Last resort of course.

Russ,

was joking but if you do decide to flog it give me a shout. You still in 'nam ?

Yup, our landlord has asked us if we want to buy the house off her and as we already live here it seems like a pretty simple decision to make really! She doesn't have to deal with estate agents so can give us a bit of a discount and we get to but a house without the stress of moving.

Its meant that I've had to cancel my plans to join Tim riding in Moab in October, which is a b**ch, but I guess Moab will be there next year?

I may join you on your next retro ride, '84 Stumpy, jeans, boots and a lumberjack shirt ? :D

Good luck on the house.

Had vague thoughts of joining Laney in Moab but weddings put the skids on that. Maybe next year too 'eh.

See you on the next retro ride.

Back