Show us your BREEZER

biglev":2y679p70 said:
Not sure if this should technically be here as it is a home made breezer mk1 replica:
p4pb9367193.jpg

natrually the chances of ever owning a mk1 or mk2 breezer are pretty thin I thought I would try and make one. Its not going to win any awards but it was fun to build and rides surprisingly well especially down hill.

more pics of the build and research here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=250004
http://www.pinkbike.com/u/biglev/album/Breezer-mk1-1976/

Attachments

• IMG_3591_2.jpg
    IMG_3591_2.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 1,477
  • IMG_3891_2.jpg
    IMG_3891_2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 1,477
Thanks for the extra photos and info. I had heard after inter bike that No 1 was going to the Smithsonian. So a certified piece of history!

Yeah Si (DR S) and I had discussed this and he helps me with the build specs and tubing. Can't believe its taken 2 years end to end. Its quite hard getting hold of the proper parts over here and you can see I took the easy way out with fork trusses with doing a mk2 fork. Also I could not replicate the fork crown so I did it in CAD and had it CNC'ed (cheating again). But over all building gave me a sense of how much effort had to go into crafting the early bikes, Stem shims and spacer to make sure the seat fits the seat post etc. The angles must have been a bit radical back then although oddly they are not far of my current DH/ Am bike so it really was the future. I was going to have a crack at the MK2 but the faux fillet lugs look a bit beyond my skill level for now.

We were discussing on the forum about how we should mark replicas with a frame stamp of R (replica or) or C (continuation/copy). We would not want people passing off copies as the real thing. Any thoughts on that. Are you happy with people making replicas for themselves, does it feel like a compliment or that it devalues the history?

Anyways thank you for spending the time to respond. We all feel honored that yourself Charlie Kelly and Alan Bond frequent the pages of our little retro fan club.

Happy trails.

"Nice looking bike."
You have no idea how tickled I am to have the actual Joe Breeze say that! :O

I thought the seat post was wrong; almost everything on the bike was junk or wrong when I got it.

On another note I'm happy I just picked up a brown Brooks B17 to put on my Lightning as a homage to the series 1's. I'm going to post some pics in the 1998+ forum.

biglev":3cgjs61b said:
Yeah Si (DR S) and I had discussed this and he helps me with the build specs and tubing.

Pete,

But is this the replica Si was speaking of, or is there another replica (by Si) in the works?

Joe

Breezin":1sf6fggf said:
biglev":1sf6fggf said:
Yeah Si (DR S) and I had discussed this and he helps me with the build specs and tubing.

Pete,

But is this the replica Si was speaking of, or is there another replica (by Si) in the works?

Joe

Nope Si is building his own. He helped me with specs but this i made in a shed with hand tools. Si is a better engineer than me so i am expecting somethign wonderfull and to meet up and compare notes. I have not been able to get hold of Si to see if he has got anywhere with his version. must be weird that there are more of these now than back in the day. :¬)

My old Breezer Storm 1997, now not mine and passed on to another for some love, picked it up NOS in Italy, lovely frame (for alu) but the paint wasn't very hardy.

PICT0223.jpg

PICT0238.jpg

PICT0232.jpg

PICT0236.jpg

A brief half built period

scan.jpg

Hello,

I have a completely original 1995 Breezer Lightning that I haven't rode much the past several years and was surprised to see how popular they seem to be in Europe (I live in NorCal). Was starting to think about selling it but I do like the vintage look of it. The paint has been scratched up a bit over the years and I saw one or two posts where people have restored their bike with new paint/decals etc. but thats probably beyond my ability (to do right anyway). Attached are a few pictures of it - if anyone (who will love and care for it more than I have) wants to make me an offer for it, I'd be happy to consider your offer. Otherwise I'll probably just put some city slicks on it and ride to work, etc.

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• Breezer1.jpg
    Breezer1.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,186
  • Breezer2.jpg
    Breezer2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,186
Back