Headset headache...help please!

Hotwheels.

Old School Grand Master
Hi there,
I'm gonna sound like a right noob here I'm sure, but I'd like some advice please. I'm starting a build and I have a frame with a threadless headset, but the fork I want to fit is threaded and I like the look/ practicality of an 'aheadstem'......sooo, what the hell do I do? Do I have to fit a threaded headset with an aheadset adaptor or can I somehow use the forks with a threadless headset?
Thanks in advance,
Mart.

Hi Mart, you really need one of these, 'Quill Stem Ahead Adapter', fit a threaded headset and forks as per norm, then fit quill stem adapter and bolt your Ahead stem onto that. Available mucho cheaply on eBay (other bike sales websites available) :) I wouldn't go down the route of cutting threaded section off, or trying to botch it, this is the best method for you, and works really quite well :D

Simples............

Jussa :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 206
Jussa":2npr5vrm said:
Hi Mart, you really need one of these, 'Quill Stem Ahead Adapter', fit a threaded headset and forks as per norm, then fit quill stem adapter and bolt your Ahead stem onto that. Available mucho cheaply on eBay (other bike sales websites available) :) I wouldn't go down the route of cutting threaded section off, or trying to botch it, this is the best method for you, and works really quite well :D

Simples............

Jussa :D

Fully agree with Jussa here, other point to note is that by going this route it's reversible later if you change your mind and you won't have bodged any parts! ;)

Back