Hope C2 Issues

Hangin my head in shame :oops: ;)
Doubt there will be anything wrong with the pistons once cleaned up, they are just about the only caliper that don't give grief like that.
I may be able to help with m/c spares should you need em as I have a pro lever in bits.

Cheers guys. I spoke to the chap at my LBS and he says he does not have a pin spanner but does have circlip pliers, and that they should work. Arranged to take the calipers in on monday so i'll let u know how it goes.

Well i took 'em along to my LBS this afternoon - looking at £20 a brake to service them, and that's without parts. i did notice that the center of all the piston faces is kinda like chewing gum,
almost like something has perished/degraded and i'm not sure how worrying that is, Pics at the bottom if anyone can help?

looks like i will be asking for a refund and hope (no pun intended) to find a No.3 rear with pro lever on here.

HopeC2Caliper.jpg

The chewing gum is a magnetic pad to aid in the clearance of the pad from the disc, without the pad will rattle and move around. Maybe you can replace it with a ordinary magnet...without engagement :cool:

HOG2001":34xk5ww3 said:
The chewing gum is a magnetic pad to aid in the clearance of the pad from the disc, without the pad will rattle and move around. Maybe you can replace it with a ordinary magnet...without engagement :cool:
well i never knew that, much appreciated man. :cool:
I ended up getting a refund on that set and happily bought a load of c2 bits from ba57ards on here, so all's well in the camp ;)

Self adhesive plastic based magnet is easy to get hold of. Most novelty fridge magnets use it as it doesn't scratch. It usually comes in a massive roll, like tape. You'd have to cut it into discs.
Ooooorrr. Don't bother as although a bit moth eaten, yours will still work.

Latest posts

Back