Maggie Maggie Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that all those 'working class people', who bought their council houses and subsequently made themselves a tidy profit and all the rest who made an absolute bomb through share ownership would agree that the Thatcher years were all about poverty.

Thatcher didn't do anything to the unions that Wilson (Labour) hadn't wanted to. A lot of the policies she introduced to deal with the unions were lifted straight from a white paper intitially devised by Wilsons Labour government and Labour leaders had for years been trying to get Clause IV written out of their constitution (something Blair succeeded in doing). The unions needed dealing with, both Labour and the Tories knew it but where Wilson had to back off in fear of committing political suicide, Thatcher could plough on.

It was John Major that gave rail privatisation the go ahead, but why let the facts get in the way. For that matter, Blair's Labour government, who promised pre-election to nationalise the railways, didn't do so and made themselves a tidy sum by selling off the remaining routes.

I'm pretty ambivalent either way, but it seems to me that a lot of the haters are a little too wrapped up in the myth and not too interested in facts.

You know I can't even be arsed trying to respond to Tory boys.

You can all spout selective facts and figues all day long. The simple fact of the matter is Thatcher was a proper bitch that should have died years ago.

This is the reason I started this thread, as a bit of a laugh at the old cows expense. Go and talk Tory bollox to someone that gives a f*ck.

al. :LOL:

ps Scottmac, I have every sympathy for you and your family. Losing my mother to cancer when I was ten and seeing my dad struggle through the Thatcher years... I get a little of the hardships you must have endured.

i have to say this is sad, i hate it when politics comes to the fore on here, you've resorted to abuse.

i don't like tony blair and gordon brown but i wouldn't celebrate their deaths like some have done here.

regardless of your political views celebrating a persons death like this is wrong.

Al, i usually find your posts funny, this one is not.

while i am not a moderator on this board i would ask that you all should be a bit more generally respectful of someones death and also respectful to each other, name calling etc is not acceptable here.

If anyone has a problem with my posting, get one of the mods to pull it.

Until then, I'll celebrate the death of Thatcher here, there and everywhere!!

al. :D

al":lyympje9 said:
So bitter so many years on. She must have really fncked you up.

Death comes to us all. But in life there are winners and losers. Maggie won.

Seems quite unbelievable that someone who was voted out of office 23 years ago is still blamed for today's problems.

Maybe Tony and Gordon could have sorted it out if it was so bad, they had 13 years to have a crack at it, but no. They carried on to suit themselves. Maggie must have done a brilliant job to convince labour mp's to be more conservative than she was!

"Thatcher's children..." :facepalm:

technodup":i1mysobl said:
al":i1mysobl said:
So bitter so many years on. She must have really fncked you up.

Death comes to us all. But in life there are winners and losers. Maggie won.

That's beautiful that. :(

Ever thought about a job with a cheesy greeting card company?

That's it I've changed my mind... Maggie was ace and I'm very sad she is dead. Thank you all for making me see I've been heartless.

al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back