Post or pre 97?

dongward

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Rather than go into details here, I'd rather leave this one to personal opinion. It seems there are opinions for and against...I'd appreciate it if you could click on my link to my Explosif build thread and take the poll - there is some chat on page 2 regarding the issue but rather than my build thread become a forum on whether the build is in the right section or not, i'd rather sort it out now and act accordingly

Regards,
Donnie

Welcome to the friendly dark side , I personally couldn't care less but I have noticed slightly less analism in this part of the site but then I'm allowed to post my 95 E3 in the pre 97 section even though the only pre 97 part is the frame!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=198371
Matthew :D

yeah... its a 95 frame... that would be pre 97...

I think the main reason people get so anal about it is that, sure its a blurry line, but if you go, oh its a 98 , its got old bit on it thats close enough, then soon you'll get all sort posting stuff, like when before there was the 97 on section and people are posting up 2005 stuff saying its all old school. Make it a clear cutoff, no issues except people get all bent out of shape because they think it should be there anyway.

It's a tough one; I can see why you put it where you did, but I think that the frame is the deciding factored.

I'll be doing the reverse when I rebuild my old Cannondale...it's a old frame that will be getting newer bits (some modern stuff like tyres and older stuff from when I first got into riding).

Oh I see your dilemma there, though I agree with these guys, I'm more suited in his side of the forum these days. My 1997/8 era DMR Trailstar is in this bit, easy for me is its got upto 2004 parts on it but ultimately retro. Another member posted his albeit arguable a more retro build in pre 1997, and quite a following on the thread too. Your bike build really straddles what I see as a changing time in MTBing' I see it as retro so pre 97 but just a little late really, no harm no fuss, it shouldn't matter where it goes probs... :)

Will be tough to decide where to post my Cannondale because it's going to be a real mix of stuff. I'm not too fussed about building a period correct bike, I just want to make use of a frame and build a bike that I like, with stuff that I like that is actually useable.

Back