BoTM April 2013 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
racer x":2uxa5www said:
biglev":2uxa5www said:
racer x":2uxa5www said:
here is my 1996 Dagger FS :D can click to enlarge photos enjoy :cool:

think they are over here in the UK :roll: They are put together well, and seem to look awesome with all the mid 90 trick bits, i remember seeing a review of a Dagger on test in MBA 05-96 and that was fully tracked out as well :cool:

Well kept not of the ano has faded. sweet. is that paint original?

ameybrook":1mmsenjc said:
biglev":1mmsenjc said:
Biglev's Breezer mk1 replica 2013 (faux 1976/7)

Isn't this just a modern bike shaped like a vintage one?

:¬0 yeah a little bit.
its actually a £100 made in china special. i just welded on a couple of rods then painted it. Job done ;¬)

ameybrook":6zhl8c9i said:
Isn't this just a modern bike shaped like a vintage one?

I would have to agree, it's a cool project with obviously a lot of time and thought put into it but the frame and fork were built recently by somebody besides Joe which turns me off...no offense. I am impressed with the dedication to complete such a project!!

stanlee":1kkzwlzq said:
I would have to agree, it's a cool project with obviously a lot of time and thought put into it but the frame and fork were built recently by somebody besides Joe which turns me off...no offense. I am impressed with the dedication to complete such a project!!

This is what I wanted to say but came off sounding like a dick.

ameybrook":2bciqe2v said:
stanlee":2bciqe2v said:

This is what I wanted to say but came off sounding like a dick.

That's implying you're not one...

Is this project any less valid than buying some carbon tubes and getting someone else to build them into a frame? (which involves cutting a perfectly good frame into pieces, and results in a bike that's too fragile to ride)
I know which one gets my respect!

makster":2ea392uu said:
Is this project any less valid than buying some carbon tubes and getting someone else to build them into a frame? (which involves cutting a perfectly good frame into pieces, and results in a bike that's too fragile to ride)

Knew this was coming. Same materials and hands performing the labor. The only difference being time. Pretty large difference (IMO) than taking a bunch of new tubes, throwing them together, and putting a reproduced decal on it.

The Breezer project is what it is - a replica. But does it have a place in BOTM alongside true vintage MTBs?

ameybrook":jj2jfbj2 said:
makster":jj2jfbj2 said:

Knew this was coming. Same materials and hands performing the labor. The only difference being time. Pretty large difference (IMO) than taking a bunch of new tubes, throwing them together, and putting a reproduced decal on it.

The Breezer project is what it is - a replica. But does it have a place in BOTM alongside true vintage MTBs?

I can't quite put my finger on it, but this sounds so familiar... was it a Reflex alu/carbon replica or something like that?? Can't recall...

makster":2rwfy100 said:

I know Mike already said it, but it's not "some carbon" tubes, we're talking all original materials. Also, the bikes are not too fragile to ride, talk to Rumpfy about his latest air session on his C-26...

Don't fear fact checking, it's your friend.

Sorry for getting off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back