The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The Hi-Fi Chat and sales thread

A friend of mine used to have wharfedale melton 2's..........they were fun ! loved those purple see through tweeters and 12" base :cool:

greenstiles":3s3fjwtz said:
A friend of mine used to have wharfedale melton 2's..........they were fun ! loved those purple see through tweeters and 12" base :cool:

Different class of speaker, those older models were quite cheap, inefficient, very low powered and a bit old fashioned when compared to the zingy new Japanese stuff.

I melted a pair of those purple coned tweeters in a pair of Lintons during a pretty lively party in my teens :D

Tech question.........i have an amp with a tone control switch that playing up..............sometimes when i switch it on it cut out the left speaker........i have to switch it on and off a few times and then it's ok....does it hjust need a bit of contact cl;eaner or is the switch duff.........? please

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yep, pondering that Technics of yours, but also thinking of trawling eBay for good quality broken hifi components to fix and sell on.

Bought a CD-48 the other day which I plan on upgrading along the lines of my CD-67 which I'll put up for sale once I'm happy it's a giant killer!

The E50's should do well, as I said, valve amp freaks love 'em!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back