Saddle height and inseam

otherself

GT Fan
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
I am doing a little study on the best leverage/power output as to where people actually have their saddle set. Please list the following:

- Inseam (barefoot) in cm
- Saddle height in cm (measured from centre of bottom bracket up the seat tube and to the top of the saddle)

I appreciate it.

Mine

79cm
74cm

Wouldn't crank length be important as well? My MTB has a different set of measurements to my road bikes and they vary as well according to top tube length.

I always check my saddle height from the top of the pedal spindle with the crank vertical. This gives me the saddle position that I am comfortable with - which may not necessarily translate satisfactorily to someone else. With cranks on different bikes varying from 170 to 177.5 it's the only way.

otherself":32huwvum said:
79cm
74cm

I can't find my piece of paper with the result right now, but I've always used .883 x your inseam. It leaves me with just a slight bend in the knee at the bottom of the down stroke. I adjust all my bikes so they are the same.

Whats interesting, is that calculation would mean your saddle height would be 69.757cm. A difference of just over 4cm. Now that sounds like something is wrong somewhere?

I did a bit of research into setting saddle height, identified three methods and took the average of the three results.

0.887mm
0.796mm

Brian1946":siykpb5s said:
I did a bit of research into setting saddle height, identified three methods and took the average of the three results.

0.887mm
0.796mm

Wow. I thought I had short legs, but those measurements are something else.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

TheElectronKid":2j2bu9s3 said:
Brian1946":2j2bu9s3 said:

0.887mm
0.796mm

Wow. I thought I had short legs, but those measurements are something else.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

887mm equates to a 35inch inside leg, there's nowt short about that my friend! I'm just over 6ft tall! :D

Back