Retro full sus...what would you get??

FluffyChicken":1b7q0d6k said:
wookiee":1b7q0d6k said:
Barneyballbags":1b7q0d6k said:
Wookie said that it needs to be reliable ;) :LOL:

Oh really Barney...what do you know that I don't! :LOL:

He knows he lives about 40 mins drive from the bike ;)

It's WAY too big for my little legs - I'd be surprised if that was a medium as the seller states. It looks more like a large to me.

Wookie - I'm happy to collect it for you and post it on, provided you don't mind slinging some petrol money my way and waiting a few days for me to sort a box out?

S works fsr , the bike i " should never have sold " , light and nimble good climber etc etc
my son had an LTS 2000 at the same time and it was great on the downhill but not so good on slow technical climbs , around my way you get half hour climbs and five minute descents so it was a good choice for me :D
PS my other son had a Jamis , think it was a Dakar ? anyway it snapped at the head tube :shock:

cheers Paul

It may be borderline in vintage but a 97 Kona King Kikapu takes some beating as a full sus all rounder/xc bike.I run mine with Bomber Z1s and its a blast.I couldnt rate it any higher.Pretty light too.....

I really enjoy my Mantra.. have recently trimmed the fleet and this was the keeper over a really nice Proflex.

'98 so newer than you want but still old school and so much fun to ride.

I have owned the following pre 97 full sussers ... Trek 9000, Proflex 552, GT RTS3, Trek Y22, Proflex 757 (with carbon arm and Risse) and the winner is ...... well none of them compared to anything modern but if I wanted any one of them back then I'd probably have either of the first two. The 9000 would be my choice on looks alone - love that big box section swingarm - and you should find one of those for reasonable money, it was quite bouncy though !, and the 552 was the bike I felt I could take on the world with and it really went uphill very well too, not the lightest though. For that the carbon Y treks are very hard to beat but the URT design is not a winner in my book. Did like the look of the Marins but never rode one.

I love my Manomano. Bobbing is minimal and with a more modern shock, I imagine would be even better. The design worked since it's pretty much still in production today. You can run canti's on the 1997 as well (not that it was ever fitted with them):

dsc0270gg.jpg

Back