WTD: Steel Hardtail frame - Large/XL (Evil Sov, P7, PA....)

cjr61

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

Finally sold my 'too small' alu frame so looking for a big steel frame.

An Orange P7 with slidey dropouts in Xl would be fantastic but like PA, Rock Lobster, or anything else you can suggest. Want to set up as a trail bike with 130/140ish forks but equally might have to do some short commutes too.

Budget up to £150. Looking for some forks too if you could do a deal.

Based in South Birmingham but travel regularly to Coventry, Oxford, Reading and Basingstoke if collection possible.

Thanks

Chris

Re: WTD: Steel Hardtail frame (for forks 120-140mm) - Large/

I've got a surplus-to-requirements Dialled PA that would fit your budget. Version previous to the current one, so 130mm forks max. No suitable forks (unless you're interested in a RockShox Tora). This is what it looks like with parts on it:

19" Genesis Latitude 853? Suits a rider around 5' 10" to 6' 2". Here's a link to my ad on Pinkbike.........and I'm not far from Reading. Builds into a lovely trail bike, but sadly a smidge too big for me :(

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1314846/

Hi guys,

Think the latitude might be a bit on the small side.

Mike - what price were you thinking for the PA frame?

Thanks

I'll PM you...

Not sure it's any bigger than the Latitude, though. 19in Latitude is 600mm effective top tube, L PA is also a 19 with 610mm ETT.

Re: WTD: Steel Hardtail frame - Large/XL (Evil Sov, P7, PA..

recent purchase seems to have fallen through so back on the hunt.

Evil Sov in XL would be awesome but open to suggestions. Think 610mm top tube minimum please.

Thanks in advance

How about a charge duster, designed for 100-120mm fork. I think its a 18" but it feels a bit big (im 5.:cool:

Hi Simon,

Def too small i'm afraid. Thanks for the long shot though!

Hi,
Sadly my frame purchase might have fallen through (no fault of seller just the thieving buggers who nicked the frame!) so i'm back on the lookout for a big sized steel hardtail frame. I want to run it with 120-140mm forks and would be excellent if it had adjustable dropouts as I might play SS in the summer. Looking for minimum top tube 610mm.

Prince Albert 19
Orange P7 XL
Evil Sov XL (ideally!)
Anything other big and tough.

Budget has shrunk so looking around £120

Thanks in advance

Chris

Back