1994 Specialized Stumpjumper M2

Aussie_Stumpy

Retro Newbie
Hey Guys

I'm new to the forum, I've joined up as I'm about to start restoring one of my mountain bikes. The bike is a 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 FS (Olive Green) with the standard Rock Shox Mag21 forks with the Specialized Decals on the forks.

I've had the bike since it was brand new and love it dearly. Over the years I've replaced the brakes/gears with Shimano XT running gear (~2006) and used it too commute on. Luckily I've kept all the original parts except for the rear rim (destroyed when I was teenager). As you can imagine, when I was a teenager racing and riding it the paint and decals took some abuse, and unfortunately they are a little scratched in places. I'd love to have the frame stripped and resprayed, however I don't want to end up with a bare painted bike. So this leads me on to my question.

Does anyone know where I can get decals (or templates) for a 1994 Olive Green Specialized Stumpjumper M2? Also looking for decals for the forks as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm happy to post pictures of the bike if anyone would like to see it, unfortunately I just don't have any on this computer.

Cheers
Trevor

Hi Trevor,
I've had a few sets of decals done by Gil_M on the forums, he does excellent work but is having some downtime due to a cycle accident at the moment. I don't know for sure if he will have art on file for your decals but its worth a shot.

I reckon you should definitely get some pics up! And drop by the Australasia regional section too.

Hi Shogun

Thanks for the tip regarding Gil_M

I took some pics on my way home tonight, hopefully they upload correctly.

Attachments

• ST1.jpg
    ST1.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 730
  • ST2.jpg
    ST2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 731
  • ST3.jpg
    ST3.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 731
  • ST4.jpg
    ST4.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 731
  • ST5.jpg
    ST5.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 730
  • ST6.jpg
    ST6.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 730
  • ST7.jpg
    ST7.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 730
That's a great bike.... but it's not a M2... It's a FS. I've got the same one here

With some new decals, it will be great! Is the fork still in working order?

Cheers,
Will

Hi Will

I actually thought I had seen "M2 FS" written on the frame, but just went and checked again, and you're right it doesn't say M2 on it at all. Thanks for the clarification. Do you know the differences between the M2 model and the FS model? Reading your post FS stands for Future Shock?

Your bike looks great, I'd already seen your post when I started looking around the site, and realised it was the same bike. Obviously didn't read the fine print regarding the model name though.

Any chances of some close up photos of your decals?

As for the forks, yeah they still work, but could do with a rebuild.

Cheers,
Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Welcome to this forum. You won't regret it :D

Aussie_Stumpy":3pojuw3l said:
Do you know the differences between the M2 model and the FS model? Reading your post FS stands for Future Shock?
The M2 model is build with a different material. The FS is steel, the M2 a mixture of sorts of aluminium. The M2 has a lighter green/grey paintwork with red decals. Bart (stumpjumper1990) has one here.

Here is the the 1994 catalogue, but it's in German...

To be honest. I don't know the exact translation of FS. Sometime I think it's Front Suspension, sometime Future Shock

Aussie_Stumpy":3pojuw3l said:
Any chances of some close up photos of your decals?
I'll try later this day, when I'm at home.

Cheers,
Will

Looks like it's used regularly and not just a garage queen, jealous of your sunshine as well.

Hi Trevor,

Welcome to the forum... And as Will allready said, you won't regret it... ;)

I think Gil does have these on file..

Cheers,
Bart

Will - Thanks for the catalogue link, even though I can't read German it was interesting to look at. I didn't realise there were so many different types of Stumpjumper realised in that year.

Spike - Yeah lots of sunshine here, and a pretty scenic commute home. The bike doesn't get as much use these days (I don't commute as often as I should) but it definitely got a lot of use when I was growing up.

Bart - Thanks for that, I'll send Gil a message and wait till I hear back from him.

Back