Low ball offer from newish members.

Whatleymeister":1mbk0aoa said:
Like this! I had a chap a while ago ask me if some bars are still for sale. I responded with a courteous email

Had one of those last week asking if I had a tire for sale still. Sent a reply with my PP info and said I'd put it in the car so I could post it at lunch the next day if he wanted. It's still in the car.

A lot of the time I get the ignorance card. Often I will be offering a lower offer but that's how I generally start. Offer low and haggle somewhere in between. That's beside the point though, its when you REALLY need that part and they read the message and don't reply. Not on here fortunately but its so damn annoying. Experiencing it right now.

I've got an idea. Next time someone makes stupid offer you could treat it with the contempt it deserves and ignore it.

I'm not sure if it's shock and upset at Lady Thatchers passing, but today seems to be a day for complaining about petty, minor and easy to ignore matters here in RB.

Chopper1192 said:
................................................................................................................................................................
quote]

did someone say somthing? :LOL:

Neil":2eewoqgp said:
ajantom":2eewoqgp said:
Just a little rant, but I'm starting to get annoyed with getting really low offers on for sale bits from either new or newish members.
A cheeky little offer - say £10 less on a £100 item is fine. But hoping I'll knock off 40-50% of the price is a bit rich.
Best recently was a total numpty in the bmx section asking for loads of photos, details, etc. and then feigning ignorance of the price (which was on the original post) and offering me literally pence. When I said no he told me to try ebay, and if I did he'd have a go there. To add to the annoyance all his emails were in text speak :facepalm:

Anyway, deep breath.....and relax.
Text speak really needs wiping off the face of the earth.

I think that'd be enough for me to picture them in crosshairs and refuse any sort of deal on principle.

What would Walter Sobchak do, is my normal thought process, and in most scenarios involves "a world of pain".

I have often not bought something based on the grammar (or text speak) in the advert!

Ok, I'm having issues with lame arses.. 3 separate occasions, they ask for pics, info and quotes and I get back to them promptly for the 1st two enquiries ..No response back whatsoever. The 3rd time I'm not so prompt but I persist rather than ignore them, give the info they want & ASK for them to reply to me this time and still get nothing :x This is the same person btw.

Do you reckon it's an idea to tell 'em (politely) the error of their ways and to go away? Or shall I simply ignore them, grit my teeth(smile) and get over myself :LOL:

I'm tempted to tell them like it is, mostly because I might be doing them a favour &, in all honesty, it would make me feel better!

saulus":37lwcb03 said:
Do you reckon it's an idea to tell 'em (politely) the error of their ways and to go away? Or shall I simply ignore them, grit my teeth(smile) and get over myself :LOL:

I'm tempted to tell them like it is, mostly because I might be doing them a favour &, in all honesty, it would make me feel better!
Well we'd all feel like doing the second but the first is probably better. People are just plain odd, what can you do? Was at my lbs on Tuesday and mentioned to the owner I'd like him to build a 20mm wheel for me. He says OK then shows me this beautiful DeeMax wheel on a Saint hub he built last year. The guy took it in to get repaired last November said he'd be back to pick it up later. 6 months later it's still there, 200 quid wheel. I asked the lbs owner what he was gonna do and he just shrugged his shoulders. What can he do, make the guy come in and pick it up? People are just plain odd.
To bring the story a full circle, if it's still there in 6 months I'll make a cheeky offer on it. Wonder what the cost of the repair was?

Back