Falcon Team Banana

I love this :D It's looking great. The superchromix rims certainly do give a 'unique' experience under braking, but I think they're a very nice looking rim which to me outweighs the comical braking.

Wanted one of these and one of the Kellogg's bikes since I first saw them both together in a bike lock-up about 2 years ago. I'm determined to get both eventually.

I have just purchased some white/yellow pelten shade tape boxed from a foreign classifieds website, if there's anymore available i'll let you all know

Attachments

• 375968_4703408509435_1278042207_n.jpg
    375968_4703408509435_1278042207_n.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,350
Wow ,i dont know what it is but when i see a Banana bike i am instantly attracted to them ,as is the case here ,wonderful looking certainly makes one sit up and notice ,super my friend ,Brian :D :D

blazing entrails":2jvf3bj0 said:
I have just purchased some white/yellow pelten shade tape boxed from a foreign classifieds website, if there's anymore available i'll let you all know

Bloody hell! :shock: I've been looking for some for my Banana. Full details on the source please.

Also, your seat post looks to me like it's back-to-front.

the website was http://www.marktplaats.nl
the advertisement has been removed so i must have had the only one.
you might have to utilise google translate to navigate the website but there is still black, red and blue colours available from the same seller. Ridiculously cheap i got the yellow/white tape for 10 euros including postage to UK. The package should arrive any day now

Right,
time to get started on this build I think while it is still horrible outside, so I can get some practice in for the retrobike road series. I've found a load of Ofmega stuff which I will throw at it and see what sticks. Hopefully when the snow melts I'll be able to give it a shakedown ride.
Photo's to follow, some time...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Banana

Penfold":3eo95q3p said:
Hi folks, I've recently acquired a Banana, and I want to restore it to as near original as I can. However, I can't budge the handlebar stem to remove and clean it (the bars have rust under the tape, though how on alloy bars defeats me lol). And the stem is "welded" into the steel down tube.
Also, the bar tape is "shot it". Is original tape available? Or should I just source basic yellow or white? Finally...decals. I need to rub down the frame to remove rust in certain areas. After repainting, I would like to replace the decals.
Thanks for your time and advice, Dave.

regarding the stem: i had the same thing with my reynolds 753 fork and stem, i cut the stem, took the for out, submerged the aluminium end part into the costic soda solution, 5 days later (with no work) the fork was free and all the aluminium was gone :).
hope thats helps

Rebuilt now with Ofmega Master rear gear changer and downtube shifters, Ofmega Sintesi pedals, Ofmega triple cranks with one Ofmega oval ring [Biopace orientation but without the squishes] and one Campag ring. Also fitted a Gipiemme Super SJ front changer, Campagnolo Mirage rear brake and Weinmann perforated brake leavers. Lickable! Photo's and update to spec sheet to follow.

Back