Are Triathletes Cyclists?

TheGreenRabbit

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Are Triathletes Cyclists?

This is one of those deeply profound questions, like “What is the sound of one hand clapping?” or “Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?” Yes, triathletes ride bikes, but they also swim and run and are generally weird. Well, in light of my definition of “cyclist” I think I have an answer. A triathlete is a cyclist provided he or she would still ride even if the cycling portion of triathlons was officially replaced with some other activity, such as rollerblading or curling while on mescaline. If in such a situation the triathlete says, “Hey, that sucks! Well forget triathlons, I’m going to keep riding,” then he or she is a cyclist. But if the triathlete immediately puts all his or her bike stuff on Craigslist and buys a big heavy rock, a broom, and some peyote, then he or she is just some freak in a half-shirt.

Posted on bike snobnyc blog today,

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/...ering-nature-of.html

I'd say yes they are. Certainly fit . I'd never cycle in a pair of 'speedos' either :LOL:

The same could be asked of BMXer's They don't cycle any were far. Just round purpose built parks pulling tricks for 20 mins :roll: Certainly a skill BUT is that cycling :?:

Or Laurent Jalabert.

Depends, some triathletes are runners some are swimmers and some are cyclists, I would say its background. I'm a cyclist, triathlete then runner in that order even though its inversely proportionate to them amount of events have competed/taken part in. I would also not cycle in speedos...unless the money was right.

BITD - I have cycled in Speedos, what better way to get a tan a little higher up your legs than the normal cycalists tan, best when combined with a crop top to show of the belly button piercing.

Crikey, this is a bit deep! What does one have to do to be a cyclist? Under these rules I am definitely not. Have bikes, use them for practical purposes, play not as often as I would like and do other stuff more. Can't be a cyclist then unless I am doing it full time to the exclusion of everything else?

They look like cyclists to me, far more than I ever will!

Latest posts

Back