Phrases and sayings you wish people wouldn't say :-(

Saying ''Chillax'', any sentence ending in ''yeah?'', ''lol'', and ''lush'' should be avoided if you don't want to sound like a pleb.

Charlieboy28":d3meryei said:
"You're not wrong" ,seems to be a brummy thing, why not just say you are right!!!!

That's a real Aussie language trait, and feels appropriate coming from them. Never knew brummies use it too.

Do you want to do xyz? In the tone of, why don't you do that.

Unless I'm being offered sex, if I wanted to, I'd be f###ing doing it wouldn't I, moron. If you want me to do something, ask & I'll do it.

All of the above, pacifically 'like' all the time.

'do you know what I mean' deserves a throat punch each & every time.

I hate to think how annoying my vocabulary is, but I do try and say what I mean, not say like or any other repetitive nonsense.

"like" all the time
"chillax"
Brought instead of bought
lol (if you have to put this after a supposed joke then it's clearly not funny in the first place!)
Break leavers instead of brake levers (often in bike for sale ads!)
"Can I get?" instead of "can I have?" (Grrrr!!!)
Upward intonation at the end of a sentence, making a statement sound like a question
"What's happening in the 'x' space" instead of "what are 'x' doing?" and all other management bullshit phrases of the month

azaro":3ew8gv0p said:
"like" all the time
Break leavers instead of brake levers (often in bike for sale ads!)

how can you tell if somebody is saying "break" or "brake"? (hint: look at title of the thread)

"People that concatenate words into new words like chillax are funts!" - Charlie Brooker :D

Back