Terrys Chocolate Orange anyone? "Bluey" FINISHED

Took "Bluey" out for the first proper ride this morning, and to be honest my first proper ride for about 10 years too! :shock: :oops:

Decided since it was cold but nice and dry I'd go and try my old stopping grounds, the Quantocks!

I thought I'd break in gently and just go for a nice gentle ride, sticking mainly to the open heath rather than the technical singletrack. My technique is somewhat rusty!!! :oops: :LOL:

Anyway took a few pics along the way, which was a convenient excuse to have frequent small rests for my somewhat untrained physique! :LOL:

Hope you like the iphone pics.

And one little refuel....

Attachments

• quantocks 23 2 13 (4).JPG
    quantocks 23 2 13 (4).JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 559
  • quantocks 23 2 13 (5).JPG
    quantocks 23 2 13 (5).JPG
    159 KB · Views: 559
  • quantocks 23 2 13.JPG
    quantocks 23 2 13.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 559
  • quantocks 23 2 13 (2).JPG
    quantocks 23 2 13 (2).JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 559
  • quantocks 23 2 13 (3).JPG
    quantocks 23 2 13 (3).JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 559
Yes please :)

The Mrs' response to your thread title, she rather likes your bike and would like to buy it, how much?

I saw Bluey today and it looks great, better pictures definitely needed!!!

gtRTSdh":3jbb6jbv said:
Yes please :)

The Mrs' response to your thread title, she rather likes your bike and would like to buy it, how much?

I saw Bluey today and it looks great, better pictures definitely needed!!!

She serious? Thanks for the compliments. :D

Better camera required the iPhone doesn't do the best job!

matt24777":m3znd9ql said:
She serious?

Yes, but she doesn't know bikes & hence the value, she like's white bikes, and the colour coordination on yours.

Ps) A few pages back it looks as though your granny ring is facing inside out, but as middleburn provided spacers FOC very good service there, I guess it must be something else.

gtRTSdh":1mkraiw4 said:
Ps) A few pages back it looks as though your granny ring is facing inside out, but as middleburn provided spacers FOC very good service there, I guess it must be something else.

I can assure you the ring was the right way, all the graphics on the outside and the ring has recesses for the chainring bolts on the inside (frame side) face. It was very good service I must say since the cranks were no way new and I wasn't even the original owner! only thing would have been some sort of explanation, to satisfy my nerd gene :LOL:

I'd almost call that perfection, a beautifle piece of inspiration, blue is so so the theme for my next build.

Re:

matt24777":e6rphbbr said:
The only thing that is a slight irritation is the rear shifting. The accuracy of the shift is fine, but the Sachs wavey shifter and Ultegra Rear mech combo is soooooooooo heavy, it's rubbing the skin off my right hand!!!

they did that to me BITD, my parents asked if I had matching blisters on my . . .

Interesting..... Not your matching blisters ;) ..... When I changed to a xt rear mech it became just as I remember. The ultegra mech must have been much more heavily sprung!

xxnick1975":34e1tjn5 said:
Great build, and kudos for the retro riding position, arse up head down....

Your back must be in good nick

:LOL: :LOL: I find my back is better like that than in a more upright position, must just be stuck that way! The back does give the odd twinge, (but it does that anyway) back of my neck feels it most!

To me, arse up head down is the "right" way as it's the way I started out! ;)

Back