Early Accomodation Alert for MacRetro National

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This just in from Velomaniac regarding Round 3 of the Retrobike National MTB Series on the weekend of the 25th and 26th May:

velomaniac":3el3oftd said:
Hello, Velo Here,

I've been doing a wee bit of checking on Aviemore, the venue for our MacRetro National Meet and with it being over a bank holiday, noticed that accommodation options are filling up.
Thus would it be possible to have a wee heads up thread to potential attendees before even the Long Mynd meet has happened that maybe if campings not their bag that they pull their finger out as regards getting accomodation sorted.
SYHA Aviemore is booked Solid
Aviemore Bunkhouse is getting there,
As for B&B's hotels etc I dont know but it is a resort town and quite popular.
Dont envisage any issues with campsites as 3 exist to my knowledge in or nearby.
Cheers
Velo

So best advice if you are making the journey is to get your accommodation sorted asap.

Note: The main ride will take place on Saturday, with a shorter ride planned for Sunday.

Rothiemurchus campsite full or close to, booking near impossible. Thus you'll find Clan MacRetro at Glenmore Campsite by Loch Morlich

Keithyr typed:
the other campsite is called High Range which is at the south end of aviewmore. Guy at rothie said the problem with that is that the tent pithches are GRAVEL so be aware if you book in here to bring protection!

PS to others - Glenmore has over 30 pitches left but their website only lets you do min 3 night stays. Call them on 0845 130 8224 to book and you will get the 2 night stay option.

Hope to see some of you there ;)

Back