The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted this:: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=251148

Dear All,

Currently sorting a bike for West Mids Scrapyard Challenge see viewtopic.php?f=45&t=248137 and have just jumped on and slid off the back of my steed for the first time!

I cant tighten up the seat as the allen head in the bolt is totally circular Been looking for just a bolt but with no joy. If I spend anything i will be penalised as the bike cost the full £25 allowed. Am happy to pay any postage and/or the cost of the bolt
if necessary...........

Looks like an M8 x 50mm length before the head.

Fit onton a 30.9 Kalloy post see pic

Can anybody help please?

That was a short ride!!! Can any of you help? All I need is a bolt would an 8mm allen bolt do it? Strong enough?

PANIC OVER 'acquired' a suitable bolt :D Back to the shed

Attachments

• seat bolt.jpg
    seat bolt.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 916
i am pulling out.i have found something that is a bit more of a challenge to ride,and have not really got the time to travel around and collect a bike

matthew71":1t2ugomm said:
i am pulling out.i have found something that is a bit more of a challenge to ride

One of these?? :LOL:

Attachments

• Pennyfarthing.JPG
    Pennyfarthing.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 904
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This is a brilliant idea, I'm in (will need a Pm to remind though if someone would be so kind in early May)

£25 that's tight, but doable

Ok, well browsing ebay at 1:45am has resulted in me spending a massive £13.49 on a classic 91ish lump of steel, I've got 21 gears and a (probably seized) front suspension fork. :)

I think I'm slightly worried about points deduction as the bike I bought is probably 2007! I was thinking of value and reliability and forgot that the retro bit was the point. :facepalm:

Thought it was older and didn't notice the disc brakes as the pic was tiny.

Anyway, it was a bargain. And works. Still trying to scrounge tyres. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back