Phrases and sayings you wish people wouldn't say :-(

Charlieboy28":lfofqiml said:
i also hate when people say pacific instead of specific but thats another thread

I do that one on purpose, as well as describe Russian script as acrylic, instead of Cyrillic. Winds a lot of people up, and is great fun ;)

Barneyballbags":39dm2lk8 said:
Oh, and people who say "Good Times", or "Bad Times" to describe something they like/don't like.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I think hirsute Bristolian jokesmith/community service participant Justin Lee Collins has a heck of a lot to answer for on that front.

David

suburbanreuben":16jkm2zn said:
Obligated
Whatever happened to "Obliged"?

I'm with you on that one. "Oriented" instead of "orientated" leaves me feeling cheesed-off, too.

David

David B":343t1gwx said:
Barneyballbags":343t1gwx said:
Oh, and people who say "Good Times", or "Bad Times" to describe something they like/don't like.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I think hirsute Bristolian jokesmith/community service participant Justin Lee Collins has a heck of a lot to answer for on that front.
Among other things...

People who phone you up and say ITS ME :LOL:

Like they have the most instantly recognisable voices - its not like Melvin Bragg calls me up :p

To be honest with you, I have to say that I cant stand the use of "For Sure".... like, in pacific when used in sports interviews, ay, y'know?

Back