Any Gateshead / Newcastle Riders?

Blindingsun

Retro Guru
Moved to Gateshead a few years ago now.. and haven't met any riders yet.. prefer to meet some Retro guys for jaunts out, as all of the lads I met at hamsterly were too "rock star" for me.

so are there any riders local?

Cheers

hi fella.
one or two local, for sure, also some others that are connected to them but not registered here.

There's a ride planned in for 21st this month.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=248470

If you can get down, please do, a good opportunity to sound out other riding activity.

marc.

I'm in Newcastle, few of us here but rarely see many for rides, I mainly ride alone or the rare workmate tag along up the coast and I do regular loops of the Tyne, via scotswood bridge or the cycle tunnel at jarrow.

Also lived in Gateshead for 9 yrs.

well I was hitting hamsterly on the DH bike but I sold that recently to fund the stumpy..

prior to that I rode flatland bmx for 10+ years and before that I used to ride daily...

I'm trying to get out as much as I can at the minute but the weather hasn't been fantastic + I need to get some knobbly tyres instead of these semi slicks.. just been made redundant though so tyres are not a priority,....apparently

Hi there.

Welcome to the Retrobike scene. I live further north on the coast of Northumberland near Alnwick (about 45 mins away). Mostly riding the roads around here at the moment which is almost as difficult as riding offroad due to the state of them. Hope they patch up the Craster areas before the GNBR or there'll be plenty of punctures. :oops:

Been meaning to get down to Newcastle/Gateshead to do a ride along the Tyne but, as usual, not got around to it yet. Maybe we could get something sorted out amongst us?

Keep the August Bank Holiday Sunday free for the GNBR. Both myself and Saltyman are in and there are murmerings that some of the Macretro Clan are doing a Border raid. 50-60 miles down the coast from Seahouse to Tynemouth for charity - what could be better?

The Kildale run maybe a possibility but I'll have to get a pass sorted out. I will work on it this week.

Rhys

Tynemouth for me, reminds me that i think i saw Saltyman last week on his Surly, he had a mate with him on a green fatbike (i think)

I went cruising past on my own sandbike, but this one has an engine :LOL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/ ... 080539.jpg

There was a small DH event today at Penshaw Monument, it was a good day out, i took the 99 FSR elite, and bumped into an old bloke who said he had an old FSR Pro :cool:

Back