D**kheads

all of a sudden they are niki lauda!

my only claim to fame:

I was in Austria with some mates in a hire car (an Astra diesel :roll: ) going along the motorway in some pretty atrocious weather. Up ahead we could see this sky blue Ferrari so we thought we'd catch up with it to have a gander. Took some catching, remember it's an Astra diesel, it's pouring with rain and this Ferrari's doing over 90mph (so I guess I must have been doing the ton to catch up :shock: ), we pull alongside this Ferrari and guess who's driving? Niki Lauda. Burned ears, baseball cap and all. We're all leaping around in the car of course (as much as we can!), he can see us mouthing "It's Niki Lauda!" to each other and tips us a nod of acknowledgement before he allows me to overtake him. He left the motorway shortly after.

Not everyday you get to overtake Niki Lauda :D

Hope he didn't think *we* were dickheads :shock: :LOL:

I've had a few drivers nearly taking my arm off by passing me too close. A couple ended up with a scratched rear panel when I stuck my foot out. The fact that it was a road shoe with a Speedplay cleat on the bottom helped! One was even a high end Merc. He'll probably think twice the next time. :evil:

heathy":2nneniqy said:
As they pulled along side us i punched the wing mirror clean off into the passengers face :LOL:
:LOL: Yeh, I did that once in my courier days, got arrested and charged for criminal damage, despite the fact that the d*ck driver was trying to run me off the road. :shock: After a few hours in the local Nicks cell, in a rare moment of common sense and after hearing the full episode, the arresting officer gave me a wink and said he would lose the paperwork. Never heard a thing since.
HB

My mate reckons it's down to the fact we've not had a world war for years where a lot of the "cannonfoder" would have been weeded out.

He's a millitary man if you hadn't guessed.

there's something in that - but it's not that they would have been killed, but that these days there are few risks and young males like risks so they have to get them where they can.

also the coming of age of the children of the thatcher generation, more arrogant, self-centred and greedy than their parents, with absolutely no regards for anyone else in society, most brits think car ownership was written into the human right acts,

and it is getting worse, i live opposite a posh girls school and at 830 and 330, nobody appart from the girls are allowed to use the pavement, people are pushed into the road to avoid them walking 3 or 4 in a row,

orange71":scawl54d said:
all of a sudden they are niki lauda!

my only claim to fame:

I was in Austria with some mates in a hire car (an Astra diesel :roll: ) going along the motorway in some pretty atrocious weather. Up ahead we could see this sky blue Ferrari so we thought we'd catch up with it to have a gander. Took some catching, remember it's an Astra diesel, it's pouring with rain and this Ferrari's doing over 90mph (so I guess I must have been doing the ton to catch up :shock: ), we pull alongside this Ferrari and guess who's driving? Niki Lauda. Burned ears, baseball cap and all. We're all leaping around in the car of course (as much as we can!), he can see us mouthing "It's Niki Lauda!" to each other and tips us a nod of acknowledgement before he allows me to overtake him. He left the motorway shortly after.

Not everyday you get to overtake Niki Lauda :D

Hope he didn't think *we* were dickheads :shock: :LOL:

:shock: :shock: :cool: :cool: :D An 'old school' F1 driver. those were the days
Great claim to fame :D

B3":ctitfwvk said:
My mate reckons it's down to the fact we've not had a world war for years where a lot of the "cannonfoder" would have been weeded out.

He's a millitary man if you hadn't guessed.

Do you know what, i fully agree, we live in a very safe country, other than the odd muslim who has a grudge, our neighbouring countries arent going to pose a threat to us for the forceable future - bring back national service!

:cool: THink my best moment was a couple years back...drivers never learn , dont mess with cyclists in heavy town traffic...we always catch up!!!
So, get cut up, and of he goes, in a small Porsche...but whats that up ahead!!..oooh, traffic lights..and at RED! Yeeha..AND..he thinks i'm way back, and finishes his fag and just tosses it out the window..up i go, pick his still burning fag end up, and saying.."think you dropped something pal.." lob it in the back of his car...ha ha ha..mayhem! :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back