Phrases and sayings you wish people wouldn't say :-(

"to be fair" - people that chuck that at the start of sentences when there is no need whatsoever. Text speak is also an irritant of mine, I don't even use it in my damn text messages!!!!!

Whatleymeister":va5evjnh said:
"to be fair" - people that chuck that at the start of sentences when there is no need whatsoever. Text speak is also an irritant of mine, I don't even use it in my damn text messages!!!!!
I know what you mean about text speak my nephew even uses it on Facebook and most of the time I don't know what the hell he is saying, I always try to use proper language and punctuation in my texts. :D

At the end of the day, when all's said and done.....

Alison

"I'm just saying..."
I know you are because you're speaking

And obviously obviously and LIKE

If you don't like people saying "to be honest with you", then you'd be b**gered if you moved to Wales.

Personally, I quite like it.

However, people who say "like" before every other word in a sentence - they need shooting.

Oh, and people who say "Good Times", or "Bad Times" to describe something they like/don't like.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

"You're not wrong" ,seems to be a brummy thing, why not just say you are right!!!!

and "with the greatest respect" , i.e with the greatest respect you are an idiot, or with the greatest respect i think you will find the sky is green and not blue, all said in a contemptuous manner and tone that is bereft of any respect for the person whatsover.
i also hate when people say pacific instead of specific but thats another thread

Back