converting Simplex drop-out to accept Campagnolo

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've read several threads on the subject - which I can share if anyone's interested - but, before I get busy with the dremel, file and M10x1.0mm tap, I just wanted to ask if anyone on here has done a similar thing... namely convert a non threaded Simplex drop-out to accept a Campagnolo derailleur by adding a stop notch and threading the hole.

Isn't it strange............you wait ages for one Simplex drop out post, then two turn up together :LOL:

As the Simplex bracket is 'joggled' and the fixing hole not in line with the actual dropout, isn't there a potential problem with getting the Campag mech to throw far enough to reach the large sprocket even if you can get it fitted? I'm sure I tried this many years ago with a Benelux dropout which is similar but the Gran Sport (or possibly steel Record) mech wouldn't reach far enough. Perhaps the Nuovo Record etc. mechs have a potentially longer throw?

I have a very nice Simplex rear mech.Similar to the one pictured.If you are interested please pm if not to late.Mine has the badge on it.Cheaper than the £70 quoted.Pictures available

Latest posts

Back