Giant ATX DH Team or ATX-One Rear Swingarm Removal ?

heavyp

Retro Guru
Curious if anyone here has ever taken the rear swing arm off a Giant ATX Team or ATX-One before ?

I bought one a while ago and the chainstays are cracked quite bad, one just popped up on ebay and I bought it after looking at it first and its rear end being fine.

Ive managed to get most of it off except the part I need (typical) the drive side pilot cover and bolt came out fine, but the non drive side just turns and you can see main pivot/axel spinning too. I can kinda see a the smallest torxkey hole up there also but thats just part of the cover bolt.

I cant find anything on the net and I really need this to come out/off, or ill just have to cut the frame or pivot in half to be able to get to it.

any help would be great

Attachments

• driveside.jpg
    driveside.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 265
  • nondrive.jpg
    nondrive.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 265
if I remember correct
the pivot ( the metal tube in the middle of the bearing of the 1st pic)
has to be pressed out find a socket the same diameter as the tube an try to knock the pivot out using the socket an a hammer it probably wont move as its a very tight fit in there

if it doesn't move take it to a garage that that has a press like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLARKE-STRONG ... 4172129f6c

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
After fighting with this for almost a day and the help of people on this forum and a few others, I managed to get the rear chainstays off.

Attachments

• chainstay.jpg
    chainstay.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 236
  • chainstay1.jpg
    chainstay1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 236
  • chainstay2.jpg
    chainstay2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 236
Back