Hand brazed British Steel: Orbit 531 circa '90

Good job mate, and i like the colour too....! did a good job of the decals as well.

I will get the reviews scanned for you and post as soon as i can.

I do like the colour, but then i do love marks bike too in all fairness. :cool:

raidan73":1lxbmt15 said:
Do you know the size of the thread for the barrel adjuster on the rear canti bridge? Mine was running V's and the adjuster is long gone!

Still looking great btw :cool:

I used one I had lying around off a headset cable hanger as it was black, in the past for my old mongoose iboc I used one of these:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 3270590563

I think it's a standard thread m4 maybe.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sinnerman":7zzeutbj said:
Good job mate, and i like the colour too....! did a good job of the decals as well.

I do like the colour, but then i do love marks bike too in all fairness. :cool:

Cheers! I think original scheme, i really like raidan's blue would be best but I wasn't up for the work involved, so just went with a bright colour I like!

Reviews would be great :cool:

Re:

sinnerman":s1qqm00s said:
:cool:

Any progress on these?

Failing that. How about some new pics of this beauty?

Re: Re:

coomber":um8wd0vf said:
Failing that. How about some new pics of this beauty?

Here's how it looks right now.....

RlirlHF.jpg

Few changes, MT60 crankset, black low risers to match seatpost.

Pink computer temp rigged up as cadence meter (I use this on the turbo trainer with a rear wheel swap).

SKS guards (the originals!) and Blackburn MTN rack fitted for upcoming C2C, will also be fitting my Schwalbe Hurricanes and bar ends soon for that.

And one from Bridlington the other weekend at the end of the Way of the Roses CtC.

Vnhn7xw.jpg

23 year old bike was faultless thanks to mainly retrobike sourced components :)

Re:

The time has come to part with this :(

This build has taken me on two coast to coast jaunts and countless other trips around Cumbria. However a Cyclo-Cross bike is calling and its one in-one out at the moment.

I will probably part it out over the next few weeks unless a decent offer lands.

Back