Short Fat and Ugly

Isaac_AG":3ru4lixp said:
A lot of his friends have their mothers on Facebook. But beside that I have had to put up with being not as pretty as other mums and my so have my children and I will always be embarrassed for them but I know they care for me even if I don't, unconditional love from children and for children is the most fantastic of all :D

Alison

Beauty's only skin deep - in my experience being a yummy mummy has zero correlation to being a good Mum.

Appearances change only what's inside remains...

Most of out bodies are just walking meat sacks to hold what's inside

Isaac_AG":20ln6zng said:
, unconditional love from children and for children is the most fantastic of all :DAlison

This^^^ is what's inside...I don't think you should worry about what others think too much do you?

Retro Cat":1ql3qbk9 said:
Isaac_AG":1ql3qbk9 said:
A lot of his friends have their mothers on Facebook. But beside that I have had to put up with being not as pretty as other mums and my so have my children and I will always be embarrassed for them but I know they care for me even if I don't, unconditional love from children and for children is the most fantastic of all :D

Alison

Beauty's only skin deep - in my experience being a yummy mummy has zero correlation to being a good Mum.

Appearances change only what's inside remains...

Couldn't agree more.
Many of them (yummy mummies) appear to love their 4x4 more than they love their kids.

i wouldn't have my mum as a friend on fb...it would just confuse her, but she is 84!
not having your mum seeing you full of beer with mates, playing with cocks etc is only respect.......a good thing to have. i'm 44 and never swear in front of my mum, and she never swears in front of us. in fact, i thought she didn't swear...until i heard her telling the tv remote to fook off when i walked in her house and she never knew i was there!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: every generation thinks they are the first to discover swearing, drink, sex etc and the thought of your nan and grandad having mad sex and swearing alot while full of alcohol is a disturbing one.....but it did happen, otherwise we wouldn't be here!!!
i think this is perfectally normal, and your kids will grow out of it and love you for what you are!!!

Isaac_AG":43tj4j8p said:
Tonight I tried to talk to my 20 yr old son and I felt he thought I was an embarrassment

How do you get on with your oldest?

Alison

C'mon Alison, surely you know that's just 20 year old boys? - getting more than a couple of words out of our son at that age was like trying to get blood out of a stone. He'll be a far nicer person by the time he gets to thirty - our son has changed a lot in the last three or four years (he's 32 now) and now he's a pleasure to be around. In fact, we were out for a three hour bike ride on Saturday morning. I think it helps if they leave home when they get to 18 or 20-ish though and they don't want to be living with their parents at that age anyway.
My oldest is my daughter of 39 but I haven't seen her since Christmas, as she's now working in Mauritius. We get on fine though, as I do with my 29 year old daughter. In spite of occasionally being real pains in the ass when they were younger (as we all were) they've all grown into three of the nicest people that you could hope to meet.

We haven't been perfect parents (who has?) but we tried to bring our children up to be thoughtful, caring and compassionate and, on the whole, that's how they've turned out to be - the credit goes to them though, not us.

Andy R":ka0ybrhc said:
Isaac_AG":ka0ybrhc said:
Tonight I tried to talk to my 20 yr old son and I felt he thought I was an embarrassment

Alison

C'mon Alison, surely you know that's just 20 year old boys? - getting more than a couple of words out of our son at that age was like trying to get blood out of a stone. He'll be a far nicer person by the time he gets to thirty - our son has changed a lot in the last three or four years (he's 32 now) and now he's a pleasure to be around. In fact, we were out for a three hour bike ride on Saturday morning. I think it helps if they leave home when they get to 18 or 20-ish though and they don't want to be living with their parents at that age anyway.

Agreed with that - I left home at 20, my brother a couple of years earlier, for him, as he went to uni. And I think it's a good thing to stand on your own two feet. Makes you appreciate your parents more, too. I think when kids live with their parents for longer, that teenage lack-of-appreciation sort of perpetuates a lot longer than it should.

Andy R":ka0ybrhc said:
We haven't been perfect parents (who has?) but we tried to bring our children up to be thoughtful, caring and compassionate and, on the whole, that's how they've turned out to be - the credit goes to them though, not us.

That's where I'm going to disagree - well at least partly. Some kids mature into nice, decent adults, very much despite their parents - although perhaps somewhat rarely. In my experience, most grow up into nice, decent adults, at least, partly, because of their parents.

I think it's truly a rare thing to find perfect parents. But those that care, and have done their best, I truly believe very much deserve a reasonable amount of credit for their children that have matured into decent adults. If we can place some blame on parents for kids that grow-up wrong 'uns, then by the same token, parents that have tried and done their best, also deserve some blame for when their kids grow up to be decent adults.

Neil":3gmn0aby said:
Andy R":3gmn0aby said:
Isaac_AG":3gmn0aby said:

Alison

Agreed with that - I left home at 20, my brother a couple of years earlier, for him, as he went to uni. And I think it's a good thing to stand on your own two feet. Makes you appreciate your parents more, too. I think when kids live with their parents for longer, that teenage lack-of-appreciation sort of perpetuates a lot longer than it should.

Andy R":3gmn0aby said:

That's where I'm going to disagree - well at least partly. Some kids mature into nice, decent adults, very much despite their parents - although perhaps somewhat rarely. In my experience, most grow up into nice, decent adults, at least, partly, because of their parents.

I think it's truly a rare thing to find perfect parents. But those that care, and have done their best, I truly believe very much deserve a reasonable amount of credit for their children that have matured into decent adults. If we can place some blame on parents for kids that grow-up wrong 'uns, then by the same token, parents that have tried and done their best, also deserve some blame for when their kids grow up to be decent adults.

Make sure you put the child first no matter what and you won't go far wrong I reckon.

I'm 32. my mum is on my facebook. every time I swear in a status, she chastises me in real life.

that's why I understand why people don't add their parents.

Blindingsun":l1p26472 said:
I'm 32. my mum is on my facebook. every time I swear in a status, she chastises me in real life.

that's why I understand why people don't add their parents.

think yourself lucky! my daughter (17) punches me for swearing! my fault for teaching her how to punch!

Back