How old is this Holdsworth ? with new pics 20/04/13

Re: How old is this Holdsworth ?

predki":3rvlo26n said:
Judging from the frame number it is from about 1967. There's one with with close serial no. 30832 on classiclightweights: http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bi ... sm-rb.html

that doesnt tie in with my earlier comment re Sandy Holdsworth , but number sequence it does . Looking at the Holdsworth in the link very similar with some very subtle differences ie no rear centre pull brake guide and the 1 i have has short spearpoint lugs .

keep up the good work guys

still waiting for confirmation re bike being in same pic as Sandy Holdsworth and have asked lbs to note any stampings on fork crown whilst they are doing there bit

I'll stick my neck out pending some more images of the frame -

The Holdsworth typeface (on the downtube) is late sixties/seventies, cannot tell whether it has a metal headbadge (if it has one that puts it no later than seventies).

The fork crown looks sloping but is it lugged externally or internally (like a Cinelli) ? And a Campagnolo Victory or Triomphe chaninset is eighties; but then componentry rarely gives meaningful clues to age.

Rk.

fork crown is sloping with no external lugs and tapers down nicely . silly as it sounds cant remember headbadge detail .

yes chainset is a lot later replacement might even replace it with a Super Moxy set not sure , fr & rr changer and levers are all period Campag . the brakes are just borderline on the amount of drop they have for 27" it came on 700 sprint and tubs with a few spare sprint wheels .

brookes b17 proffesional saddle looks fairly original so will be checking frame for date stamp .

i cant wait to get it back so i can get to grips with it and start doing the bits that need doing to get it mobile .

on the plus side the Roy Thame that turned up same time is cleaning up nicely which is good .

Re: How old is this Holdsworth ? new pic loaded 20/04/13

roadking":2vewk0ls said:
biggs682":2vewk0ls said:
roadking":2vewk0ls said:
I'd like to see a better image of the frame...close(r).

Roadking.

best i have at moment due to me forgetting to get some pics before dropping off at Lbs for some recommissioning , meant to have took loads to try and help , but what with the weather and everything else .

No worries,

let's see some more at a later date. I'm always interested in good quality Holdsworths.

Rk.

ok collected today from lbs who confirmed forks bear same number as frame so look original items , under side of Brooks Professional is stamped 66 so 1966 , brake calipers are Universal extra brev453949 type , and not enough drop to run 27" wheels so need to sort a nice pr of 700's .

any more info or ideas please add

Attachments

• HOLDS HEADBADGE.JPG
    HOLDS HEADBADGE.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 168
  • HOLDS FORK CROWN.JPG
    HOLDS FORK CROWN.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 168
  • HOLDS BRAKE CAL.JPG
    HOLDS BRAKE CAL.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 168
fitted some 700c wheels along with some koolstop pads and off i went 2 miles later i can confirm rides nice and smooth , very impressed

Back