ebay posting woes....

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
why is it that every time i sell stuff on ebay it ends up having to go any where but somewhere fairly regional...this time i thought it would be differant...so i check on my auction just a short while ago and the highest bidder...from nearby perhaps?...no.....hes from frikkin mauritus islands several miles east of madagascar....just maaaarvelllous....grrrr :facepalm:

LOL :LOL: I've had that happen to me many a time.

My worst experience in posting something was to a chap in France, not far you say!
Well the winner payed for a courier so it could be tracked to his door, The package
left the UK - Onto Ireland! Then on a ship to the U.S.A. we tracked the item to a house
in Dallas and listed as 'delivered' SHOCK - HORROR - WHAT!!

Then I emailed the courier about the mistake and they checked it and admitted that it was
their mistake and are to try and collect the item, several days later my package was on its
way yet again and it was listed as on route to France, Sigh of relief there and the buyer got
his item some five months later. The courier was FEDEX :(

I gave a mate of mine a box once to post a frame. All was well to begin with, until a courier turned up at my door with a familiar looking box and contained what he was supposed to be sending to someone else. Turns out the label had come off, revealing my address. The most amusing thing is we only live a 10 minute drive from each other!!

Ebay will let you block countries that you would rather not deal with. I for instance will not ship to about 80% of the planet. you can block whole continents (sorry Africa) or go country by country.

Back