'07 Dekerf Team SST - non retro-ish content, kinda sorta

cdngrimpeur

Old School Hero
Here is my '07 Dekerf Team SST frame and fork with the old/new/borrowed/blue theme. I built it up last year and wasn't happy with it, and so began again this year. Retro stuff - the frame/fork's builder, Shimano XT V-Brakes, 8 speed cassette, rear derailleur and thumb shifters, Race Face crankset/rings from my '98 Blizzard, Race Face bottom bracket, Tioga Surefoot pedals with traps and straps, Grab On grips, Panaracer Fire XC Pro rubber. Newish - Thomson stem and seatpost, Race Face carbon bar, Chris King headset. Brand spankin' new - Chris King Classic hubset built up with DT Swiss XR 4.1 rims and butted spokes, XTR front derailleur NOS, Ritchey Comp barends. Still the odd tweak to make here and there, but I'm ready for summer. :D

Attachments

• frontal (Large).jpg
    frontal (Large).jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,385
  • rearaxle (Large).jpg
    rearaxle (Large).jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,385
  • sideview (Large).jpg
    sideview (Large).jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 1,385
DeKerf

Looks very sweet, my only comment would be on the use of V brakes when You have a Canti Bridge on the frame, just doesn't look right(I have some nice XTR Canti's if you want :D ) A nice set of Black wall tyres may look a little better too.

Love the forks and the frame colour.

What does this weigh? I bet it's pretty light with those components and rigid forks.

Cheers all...as for the questions, comments:
I ran cantis on it last year but was not happy with them...had a Pedersen SE version of the Suntour, with a matching Suntour XC Pro on the front. I found the cantis extended out a bit too far on the back and I was bumping my ankles on them, plus the modulation sucked. I'd love to get my hands on some Tri-Aligns to give them a go, I thought the look would really compliment the bike well. I think Chris Dekerf thought it a bid odd that I'd wanted the canti guide installed. [I best not bring up my 'love that dare not mention its name' - i.e., chainstay mounted U-brakes - lest they have me put away]
Weight is roughly 22 lbs per my bathroom scale, those 2.1 tires and old skool pedals aren't doing me any favours. I just can't get used to being semi-permanently attached to the pedals, hence I only run clipless on my road bike.
I'll switch over to blackwalled tires when these ones wear out, I think the blue ones are out of production now in any case.

Back