Zieleman, Presto or Brands Bikes out there

Re: Any Zieleman, Presto or Brands Bikes out there?

2 Zielemans:

3089909337_6fbd6abe7e_b.jpg

7081496479_26c0261873_b.jpg

Amazing!!

Thank you for posting those pics!!! I see you got Reus, Zielemans, etc, fab!! And thanks for explaining the characteristics of Dutch/ Amsterdam bikes! I am no expert, I am just a big fan!! Great to see so many nice Zielemans on the one page!! My next project will definitely be a Zieleman or a Presto!
Just need to find a decent 54 frame!

I happen to have a mint Gazelle AA-Super frame in 54cm available, but no Z or P.

A Presto full bike with Nuovo Record:

4444941917_8cff49be1c_b.jpg

Next pic a Presto frame built by Bertus Slesker, hence it looking like a Gazelle Champion Mondial. Bertus was the man behind Locomotief. Gazelle acquired Locomotief for the expertise on competition bikes in late 60s and somewhat later introduced the Champion Mondial line.

2813580095_9e2c9aa324_b.jpg

Love that green Presto! Dream- Machine! And the other frame classic Presto colors too!

Once seen a Red Presto Ti- Raleigh Prototype, wish I kept a Pic, sold for 300 Euro...

I can get my hands on loads of Gazelle frames, vintage Pro Team ones etc ; Hopefully will find a Presto or a Zieleman next time I go back to Amsterdam!

Should never have sold mine back then but had storage issues..

Hopefully Zodejuzeg will keep an eye out on my behalf :D

Thanks again for posting!

AB, A and AA-frames in mediocre condition are widely available, but nice ones are already much harder to get. It is not the case that pro team frames can be had on every corner of the street like you seem to suggest, unless you know a hidden source nobody else knows of :) AA-Super, 753, ATB, Speedstream models are more rare than a Presto or Zieleman.

The red Presto you refer to, if that is the 300 euro one from Mp about 6 months ago, be happy you didn't buy it. I would say it had been involved in an accident, although the owner didn't believe it, but I am 99 percent sure it was. 300 for a nice one is money well spent imo, considering an off the shelf Colnago in mediocre shape often costs more already. From this perspective 300 for an authentic Legrand or Serier built frame looks like a complete steal. We'll see how it develops in the future.

Agreed, did not know that frame had had an accident; I did not buy it but did safe a pic of it, remember it was a pic of the frame taken in a back garden on a table with a motorbike or something in the background;

I do have a contact regarding Gazelles, ofcourse I am not suggesting you can pick up pro frames on every streetcorner :)
My contact does not do computers, lives in the South of Holland near Belgium, and has loads of team stuff, mainly Zullo and Gazelle,and Zullo's painted up as Gazelles ? for that matter that's all I will say at this point :D Will ask him if he's got one of the frames you mentioned..

I agree that I rather spend 300 on a Legrand or Zieleman ....

Fongers built RIH:

6564275627_4130060224_b.jpg

Batavus built Fongers:

6716136193_6b5fd7f854_b.jpg

:)

Nice :) I think late 70s, but the serial should tell. Before buying I would ask for extra pics and ask whether that post isn't stuck in the frame.

It a nice frame but realistically , I should really a get Zieleman or Presto first...

I am only allowed :evil: two bikes at the time in the house by the missus :evil: ; My friend has a shop and has kindly offered the basement/ workshop for secret storage, but don't think its dry enough...

So the plan; finish my Colnago project...find a Zieleman or Presto, sell or part swap Colnago....buy Zieleman or Presto find another storage solution....get more Amsterdam bikes :cool:

Back