Rock Shox Deluxe servicing?

shogun

Senior Retro Guru
Ironically after extolling the virtues of the LTS as a suspension system, I have found my Deluxe shock is finished.

I haven't got any scoring on the shaft but its completely devoid of oil, doesn't feel smooth and when I pressed the needle in to check if it had any air charge left the valve collapsed.

Is there anywhere that can still rebuild these shocks? Is there anything other than a Risse I can replace it with ('96 LTS-2),I was thinking about a Float or RP23 but they only go down to 5.5x1.5" where I need a 5.25x1.25" shock. Can you somehow travel limit a late model fox shock down to the correct length?

couple of options

i could sell u a shock got a couple spare

or the cannondale jekyll shock works but u have to have the gt trunnion remachined to accomodate the wider shock body

Mojo can custom build a new fox shock to suit, but won't be cheap. Don't know if they can chop and existing older shock but you'd be looking at a service price + any custom tuning. Risse shock from the states would be way cheaper.

Yeah mine is non-trunnion sadly. Probably if the Trunnion shock is the same stroke I could use the seal head and shaft out of one in my shock body...might look into that. I'm capable of the rebuild myself, only I can't access spares from anywhere.

I posted up a service guide out of Sutherland's or barnetts some time ago, it'll be in a post somewhere.
I'm not sure the service is the problem but replacement parts. At bit of comparing to standard parts might get you most of them.
...I think it was Barnett's of the two...

FluffyChicken":34r7l0fb said:
I posted up a service guide out of Sutherland's or barnetts some time ago, it'll be in a post somewhere.
I'm not sure the service is the problem but replacement parts. At bit of comparing to standard parts might get you most of them.
...I think it was Barnett's of the two...

Thanks - will take a look.

I've got loads of spare parts which came with the STS, so I might have a go at servicing my spare shock... At least if it all goes t*ts up I'll still have a working(ish) shock on the bike!

Back