Super U/Castorama Team Replica - Being used in anger!

Re: (Yet another) Super U/Castorama Team Bike -The Build Beg

Hiya, well finally it's done! I had a bit of a crisis last night as the chainline looked like it was way out. With the chain on the small ring and small sprocket the large ring would rub the chain. I am still not convinced that something is a little misaligned but it tracks true and I have bodged a solution for the time being. The rear wheel needed redishing so I did this with the wheel in the frame, loosening all the spoke on one side then tightening them on the other to bring it across.

The brakes are an arse to adjust but I got to grips with it and would you believe the Syncro II works perfectly? Me neither, but it does...I thought this would be the biggest pain of the whole build but it turned out to be fine.

Final pics posted for now, not my finest camera work but I hope to let a photographer friend have a go with it in the studio before I get it dirty!

I'm off out to do the short circular route near here just in case I have to walk home!

Cheers for looking, Martin

_DSC3401_small_zps7996c90e.jpg

_DSC3402_small_zps9f950828.jpg

_DSC3403_small_zps604e7295.jpg

_DSC3404_small_zpsb8d92d47.jpg

Re: (Yet another) Super U/Castorama Team Bike -The Build Beg

FINNEY1973":1o924lph said:
Tomorrow lunchtime? Can't wait that long, get a move on!! :)

On a serious note, they've done a very nice job there, looking very special indeed.

Very much looking forward to seeing the finished bike & the winner of this month's RBOTM :cool:

I was right about it being lunchtime, had to make a trip to the LBS as I needed to see what he had to say about the chainline and check the frame alignment. Brian Hoppe in Sherborne is a real gent and is sadly retiring in July, I will miss his quick service and excellent work especially when it comes to wheel repairs.

Better pics coming soon, then perhaps an entry for RBoTM??? ;)

M

Re: (Yet another) Super U/Castorama Team Bike -She's complet

Without doubt this is one of the finest bikes I've seen, attention to detail is just immense. Looks fantastic - bravo!

How did she ride (despite the hiccup with the chainline)?

For sure - RBoTM - get those photo's sorted!!

FINNEY1973":w38ukx0a said:
Without doubt this is one of the finest bikes I've seen, attention to detail is just immense. Looks fantastic - bravo!

How did she ride (despite the hiccup with the chainline)?

For sure - RBoTM - get those photo's sorted!!

Thanks Finney, she rides really nicely, my choice of stem may have been a bit long but otherwise it feels light, responsive and nice and stiff. The forks absorb a lot of the corrugations on the stretch of the A352 I ride too, it's a rough piece of paving that's for sure.

I'm now off out to do my 90 minute circular route...

Martin

Evening folks, I have been working on this build now for almost 5 months so I wanted to make a good and proper record of the end result. I fully intend to ride this bike regularly so before it gets dirty/scratched/bent/stolen I took it along to a local studio and took a few snaps of it. These photos are taken by me, not a professional but I am quite chuffed with them. For any photographers out there the gear I used tonight was my Nikon D300 with Nikkor 50mm f1.4 prime lens. The shots were taken at 1/200 sec (f13) with the camera set with the ISO to 100. The lighting set up was two flash heads with soft boxes lighting the bike and two flash heads for fill. I have now entered the bike for April RBoTM.

Cheers for looking, Martin

Re: (Yet another) Super U/Castorama Team Bike -New Pictures!

Great thread, love the bike, the photos reminds me of some of the articles they used to do in Winning Magazine.

Regards,

Pat

Back