Forks for '94 Zaskar?

Houlio99

Devout Dirtbag
Howdy,

I'm building up a '94 Zaskar. Had planned to fit (99?) Judy TT's, but see from posts on here that A they are pants and B travel may be too long (100mm when 80mm would suit better)

What would people suggest as good forks for this era?

I am half considering rigid forks, perhaps Pace RC31's?

Rest of the bike is coming along nicely; Hope, period XT / XTR etc....

Cheers,
JT

I originally built my 94 Zaskar LE with ShockTech carbon forks, it looked very cool, but the forks weren't that good and so they were replaced with Marzocchi XC700 (the original ones, not the newer model) and it has had them on ever since.

If I were building my bike up now, I would probably go with Pace RC35's in any of their various guises, they are not nearly as technically advanced as the Marzocchi's, but work well enough, are good looking and are relatively easy to get hold of.

I am not sure what the A to C (axle to crown) is on the Zaskar, on most bikes of that era it was around 390 to 410mm, so bear that in mind when you go fork hunting.

Rockshox mag21's.
If you can find some the sl titanium version would look the mutts nuts you can increase the travel if you have long travel kit too.
These are what gt used to give as a fork option bitd.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll start travelling FleaBay and the classifieds on here.....

Cheers,
JT

Back