Retro full sus...what would you get??

my san andreas was one of the lightest full sus bikes i've had. i had an amp b2 that was lighter, but the back wheel tried to overtake the front wheel unless mantained constantly, where as the san an was just great. best bike i've ever had. i presume the bike thief agreed with me!! :evil:
i am actively looking for another cheap san an frame...hint hint!! :cry:

going back to OP and Wookie's apparent love of Marins, I am surprised the Marin FSR with Manitou shocks has not come up which would have appealed back when I got my Eldridge Grade in '92, or has the aluminium cracking issues on these rendered them obsolete, with a pic blatantly stolen from another thread on dream bikes.........

marin-pine-frs-2.jpg

As said previously this or it's Answer/manitou cousin would be one of my top choices for a dream full susser.

Seem to recall there was a big team titanium frs frame available a few months ago.

Looks fantastic in zolatone though.

Those marins do look good but I think that Doug would like to be able to use it!
You just look at those and small cracks appear.

daugs":13ckgeak said:
going back to OP and Wookie's apparent love of Marins, I am surprised the Marin FSR with Manitou shocks has not come up which would have appealed back when I got my Eldridge Grade in '92, or has the aluminium cracking issues on these rendered them obsolete, with a pic blatantly stolen from another thread on dream bikes.........

marin-pine-frs-2.jpg

I was going to post that but I bet they are pretty hard to find ....

Back