The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holdsworth Ultima

Hey Up

Posted a few pages back concerning a Holdsworth Ultima we have "recycled". It's ride-ready.

Reynolds 500 Tubing
Shimano STI Shifters
Shimano 200GS Rear Mech
Shimano Sora Front Mech
Biopace SG Chain Rings
7 Speed casette
Weinemann 2121 Rims
Been stripped, greased, and serviced

We have it for Sale in our shop for I think near the £100 mark but wondering if it's a rare one and seriously undervalued. Can't find that much online regarding this particular Holdsworth

As I am now at a computer with an image editor I can attach a sufficiently sized image to go with this.
Any thoughts appreciated or if you want to buy it then come over to Hebden Bridge

THANKS

Attachments

• Holdsworth.jpg
    Holdsworth.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 650
Re: Holdsworth Ultima

Cycle:Recycle":1306xpyu said:
Hey Up

Posted a few pages back concerning a Holdsworth Ultima we have "recycled". It's ride-ready.

Reynolds 500 Tubing
Shimano STI Shifters
Shimano 200GS Rear Mech
Shimano Sora Front Mech
Biopace SG Chain Rings
7 Speed casette
Weinemann 2121 Rims
Been stripped, greased, and serviced

We have it for Sale in our shop for I think near the £100 mark but wondering if it's a rare one and seriously undervalued. Can't find that much online regarding this particular Holdsworth

As I am now at a computer with an image editor I can attach a sufficiently sized image to go with this.
Any thoughts appreciated or if you want to buy it then come over to Hebden Bridge

THANKS
IMO it's priced about right - but difficult market to be precise, what somebody might pay in a shop maybe more generous than people may pay, say like here - but then in a shop, too, you've also got those who will compare price with supermarket specials.

When I was a kid I spent a little time at Hebden Bridge - did a couple of scouts summer camps at a site there, plus I'm sure when I was in my late teens / early 20s cycled off-road around there the odd time. Couldn't be that precise about location, because I didn't drive then, so trusted all the getting around, largely to somebody else.

As far as I can remember I am pretty sure Holdsworth sold bikes through Littlewoods catalogues and the like. The spec of your bike looks very familiar to those bikes, and the tubing is pretty low grade. I would be chuffed to get £100 for it if I was selling it!! As has been said, you may get that in a shop but you wouldn't do on here or eBay.

Cycle:Recycle":e87oc337 said:
Thanks Neil, what's a "Special Retro Guru" by the way. Not seen that title before
It doesn't mean I am one, that's for sure!

I can't remember whether it's one of the automatic titles / labels, or one I asked to be frozen, as I didn't like the next one.

It should probably be "Monkeys need love too"

Hello ... This forum was recommended to me from a conversation I had about an old bike of mine with a Manager in Halfords (Bike Shop Chain in the UK ). I was talking about the new 29" Bikes now on the market following the fact that I haven't been riding with any conviction for over 10 years and am a little out of the loop and then told him about a bike I had. He suggested here is the place to gauge opinion about it....

The question I have is about the value of my K2 Proflex 4000. It is the 1998 model finished in Red, all with original spec... I really didn't ride it for long enough to start modifying it.

It has the Smartshock Noleen (Girvin ) Crosslink Forks on the front and the Carbon Fibre Rear Swing Arm at the rear with a Noleen Shock and piggy back Oil Reservoir. Predominently Shimano LX running gear all pretty mint...

The bike itself is a excellent condition with minor cable rubbing on the Square Aluminium Downtube and the odd scratch, The rims are totally straight and the Panaracer Fire XC's in Red that I originally put on them have plenty of life left in them....

So what would an estimate of worth be for my Bike .... I will put pictures up if required ...

all the best Matt

Rob Atkin":sfa21ubx said:
As far as I can remember I am pretty sure Holdsworth sold bikes through Littlewoods catalogues and the like. The spec of your bike looks very familiar to those bikes, and the tubing is pretty low grade. I would be chuffed to get £100 for it if I was selling it!! As has been said, you may get that in a shop but you wouldn't do on here or eBay.

Thanks for the info on that, come across to the shop as you're in huddersfield, would be nice to meet. not today though, we're closed...

E7468065-1503-48E5-9CE5-436596E9FC1B-3184-000002386D2BA49C_zps9e81c480.jpg

What are my forks worth please?
They work perfectly and are from a Medium frame.

Thanks

I think the forks are Rockshox Mag 21 Elastomer, branded Klein in the colours of the bike which may have been a 93 Attitude or Similar.

Rockshox Mag 21 can be anything from £20 to £130 (like new or branded new) depends on condition but as yours are branded Klein then if a builder has a frame of the colour of these forks then potentially if they are in good condition you may get £100 or possibly even more for them.
If they are in good condition as is then maybe up to £50, if they are in poor condition then possibly £20-£30

Hope that helps, I am not an expert in this field so if anyone else has any more information to add or wishes to correct any of what I have written then that's fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back