Bromwich any idea of the year

spike3

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok, so a couple of friends suddenly bought retro road bikes, so oops I bought this. :LOL:

Plan is, to go for bulhorns, brown bar tape, a brown saddle, canti levers, and some nice new skinwall tyres

T2eC16hzQE9s3suFKfBRT0hErWQ60_12_zps88480334.jpg

I loved the colour mainly and the fact it was complete.

Pretty cool. Saw this on eBay and considered bidding, good easy build, wouldn't go for bullhorns meself, but if thats how you want to ride it then do it.

Tom Bromwich is a well respected builder, and his stuff is of a high quality, I have an MTB frame and a mixte I may never do anything with.

I saw this one too, but it's too small for me, so I passed it by.

As someone who puts unconventional builds together, I don't usually comment on other peoples plans, but I'm not too sure about the bullhorns either. That said, if you like them when they are installed that's cool, if you don't you can always change them back. The main thing is that the bike get ridden.

Keep us up to date with pictures.

Retro Vulture time: Rod_Saetan, if you decide to sell the mtb frame, please let me know.

Nice frame, where you not selling this last week ??

I suggest you do with it whatever you like, it's your bike, but as you are asking personally I think the whole brown tape/brown saddle/ bullhorn look is more of a fixie thing to be honest...

I would personally go for a more more traditional, Benotto/ Tressorex/ Brooks/ Cinelli look, but hey, do whatever you want,you choose, Great bike! :D

JYvdK":zf9zaz8y said:
Nice frame, where you not selling this last week ??

I suggest you do with it whatever you like, it's your bike, but as you are asking personally I think the whole brown tape/brown saddle/ bullhorn look is more of a fixie thing to be honest...

I would personally go for a more more traditional, Benotto/ Tressorex/ Brooks/ Cinelli look, but hey, do whatever you want,you choose, Great bike! :D

+1 on dropping the brown bar tape. I don't think it's really authentic - don't recall many old pictures of bikes with
brown bar tape.

Personally I would go for white tape as a conservative choice, or either blue or red, which would compliment the celeste colour nicely.

In any case, welcome to the world of retro bikes, that Bromwich looks like a good place to start.

Johnny

Latest posts

Back