1989 Swallow Griffon - MBUK Test Bike... Finished - Page 12

Re: 1989 Swallow Griffon - MBUK Test Bike...

ah ha,so you bought it!! :D

had this on my wish list just to see how much it would go for,and then it disappeared.

nice one bud.i new someone on here would have bought it!

It would have gone under my Ebay radar, I remember the article (who could forget those tiger striped tights), but I don't remember the bike at all, which is a mystery because that has got to be one of the most sorted looking late 80's bikes ever.

Let me know when you're ready to ride, I'll bring my White Spider along and we'll do a comparison.

Great find! What a trip down memory lane, I can remember reading this article in a tent in the Dordogne! I must have been 10 or 11. Looking forward to seeing it restored to its former glory. :cool:

Funny how so many remember the article/pictures, for my part remember the pictures of the bike but missed the article, looks as if its going to be a mint build too, I've not seen nany with front U brakes either, good luck with the resto mate I'll deffo be pulling up a chair!

Rich

Glad it was that one after all Adrian :D . Looks really nice....will follow with interest.

nevadasmith":2el34hp8 said:
DSC_1365_zpsdb8580e2.jpg

That really does look great!

Not only a rare hand built classic with a back story, but modern-day comfortable (rather than head down retro race) with that tall head tube :cool:

Yeah, it really looks to be a very comfortable ride....! Love the look too!!

Latest posts

Back