Can anyone recommend new clipless pedals around £50?

I might be wrong (it's bound to happen eventually) but I thought that when those pedals were current (they're LOOK PP76 badged PDM) they only came with black cleats. You had to trade up to the PP96 model if you wanted the ARC System lateral float using red cleats. Maybe the new type of red cleat are compatible with the previous design?

I used PP76 since 1989 and have to say as long as you are diligent with setting the cleats up correctly then no knee issues should afflict your lady friend.

M

Craig!

When LOOK pedals first came out they all had the black fixed cleats
then the red float pedal cleat came out, this red cleat fitted all my
LOOK pedals and I had five different types on the go and what a relief
to be able to move the foot about, not that it hurt my knee's it didn't
but it takes many miles to correctly set up black cleats.

I'd suggest asking any mates who are using red cleats and trying them to see if they actually don't fit those pedals.

Ian.

Ian Raleigh":1xpl1f1w said:
Craig!

I'd suggest asking any mates who are using red cleats and trying them to see if they actually don't fit those pedals.

Ian.

I'd say that is a good way to proceed, The recent ARC PP226 pedals I have are a slightly different shape on the sprung plate than the 1980s PP76 that I have. I use the PP226 with black cleats and they float a bit.

Not saying they won't work as they probably will but it was definitely the case in days of yore that PP76 were fixed and you had to buy PP96 if you wanted ARC.

thanks for your considerations here folks but all i have ever known are the first two types
of look pedal (the white hinault ones and the black lemond ones that you always
got stuck in cos the spring was impossibly tight!) and the time racing pedals of the
delgado/fignon/lemond eras. i don't know ANY other pedals!! :oops:

so, the concensus is that those floating cleats will fit those PDM look pedals?
what the hell are "look DELTA pedals"??!!

:?

Two types of LOOK pedal available now - Delta (old style cleat) and Keo (new style). You need to make sure you get the correct cleat as they are different. I have some red cleats you can try if you like? PM your address and I'll send them for the cost of postage.

M

Back