How many bikes is TOO MANY

mikee":37k607v9 said:
Whatleymeister":37k607v9 said:
mikee":37k607v9 said:
Wasnt there a pic of all your bikes on here once, or am I going mad? I am sure there was a photo in what looked like a pub garden sized are with bikes all over the place! It was a while ago thought, but I remember seeing this photo and being quite envious!

PUB GARDEN ? :shock:
Ya cheeky bas
:LOL: 'looked like', mikee, looked like!!! It was a big garden and just reminded me of a place near here as it goes (though it was ages since I saw the pic I am referring to and am probably completley wrong!), hence the description! So does that photo exist then or am I actually going mad?! The suspense is killing me! Would like to see that picture again, if only to wish that I had the money/storage space to have the same :mrgreen:

I am amazed at the people on this thread that actually buy these bikes to ride them. You won't make any friends round here with that sort of nonsense..... ;-)

Rob Atkin":djd4g0u5 said:
I am amazed at the people on this thread that actually buy these bikes to ride them. You won't make any friends round here with that sort of nonsense..... ;-)
That must be why I have no friends then.

I think I'm near 25 bikes. and 20 are ready for being riden
When I was around 20 bikes, I wanted to stop buying bikes… but … :LOL:

I have 6 bikes and use them all althogh some less freqently than others. There is no such thing as too many bikes. I have 6 and am planning my 7th and 8th.

I recently sold a modern road bike to reduce the household bike count to 10.

6 are retro keepers, which I'll only ever depart with to get something better.
My modern Specialized Allez covers commuting and any fitness training / road events.
The 95 Hardrock is the leave anywhere pub / shopping rack & pannier laden essential (no need for a money sieving car in central London).
My wife’s rider isn't an option.
That leaves only my 96 Rockhopper to sell. Shame, but needs are a must.

Due to space restrictions 3 bikes are in the loft, with the aim of rotating every few months or so :roll: .
I’m hoping to have a larger house at some point.

The number of bikes is bad enough, but my main problem is the obsessive collection of components.
For me to justify installing NOS parts I must have another NOS part spare.
The mindset being that they may not be available to buy in the future.
This total OCD behaviour has lead to a bike shop collection of spare parts.
At least if I ever come to my senses they will be easy to sell on.

Currently have 4.5 bikes, two fully working and 2.5 projects. Think that's plenty and wife only thought I had 3 :D

Got them out of the shed today as getting ready for a house move, some haven't seen the light since I got them.

image_zps948fd724.jpg

Looking forward to getting a garage so that I can start working on the projects.

1 retro
1 modernish reynolds 853 frame but with a mix of retro and modern parts
And 1 BMX.

Would love more, but it think my wife will cut off my nuts with a blunt spoon!!!!

:shock:

I have 7 rideable, 5 live in the garage and two in the bike-sheds at work for lunchtime spins (and nicely hidden from the wife!).

They all get ridden depending on the nature of the ride, road, trail centre, rocky natural trails, commuting etc.

My problem is that my wife works away for a week every now and then and it's become a habit to make full use of the free time to build another bike. So you see, it's all her fault :)

Too many is when you have bikes that you dont use or care about or when having them is causing more stress/agro than the pleasure you get from owning them.

Back