what class are you?

Did the test about 6 times altering variables to see differences. Load of old bollyhocks. Even tried filling it in as a social recluse but results were confounding.

Retro Cat":1os3y2sp said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

Is class still important today?

yes it is.

this test is utter rubbish

It would seem the media want to hold onto the class system more than any other

azaro":aedwvibs said:
Established middle class apparently.
Not sure I match their description though!
Surely having a white and black cat, reclining on a bright red sofa / settee / couch (there, that'll set the cat among the pigeons!) must have some implications as to your class.

And if I didn't know better (and I really don't...) I'd say that makes you landed gentry - am I right or am I right.

Neil":20xzewdf said:
azaro":20xzewdf said:
Established middle class apparently.
Not sure I match their description though!
Surely having a white and black cat, reclining on a bright red sofa / settee / couch (there, that'll set the cat among the pigeons!) must have some implications as to your class.

And if I didn't know better (and I really don't...) I'd say that makes you landed gentry - am I right or am I right.

I've been sussed!
And he's reclining on a cheap £2.50 throw from Asda!
(He does survive on a diet of swan and line caught dolphin though!)

gtRTSdh":36rfawu1 said:
I have only ever met one person in my life who would claim to be working class who was capable of articulating a response in such a manner. I'm afraid given the quality of language and structure of the above there is no way that anyone is ever likely to describe you as working class.

Now I'm not saying that one can't be intelligent, articulate, cultured and working class, but the things rarely go together in the modern interpretation of the classes (benefit/working/middle/upper)

Bunkum.

Always thought myself as middle class. From the descriptions of the new classes I would have associated myself with technical middle class, it pretty much nails me descriptively, however when I did the calculator it placed me as elite, the description of which is alien to me. On doing it again, exactly the same but reducing my earnings, I surprise surprise end up as technical middle class. I don't believe class is directly linked to wealth, but this calculator seems to draw that conclusion.

Latest posts

Back