(GONE) Karma - Free Dynatech Frame (BRIGHTON) (GONE)

terryhfs

Senior Retro Guru
***NOW TAKEN** Thanks for all your messages!

I'm offering my Dynatech frame for free to anyone who wants it - though I'd really, really prefer it if you could collect it if you want it.

It's a Dynatech 300 with a Reynolds 501 equivalent frame. 57 cm. It's been used as my commuter for the last three years or so, and has just been replaced with a touring bike. (It's a long commute). It's a nice responsive frame, not too harsh, and really sings when it gets moving. it has bolt-on seatstays and an internally routed rear brake cable. I've been using it in an 8-speed set-up. 27.2 seatpost needed - I can give you the carbon one I've been using with it if you want it.

The bonding hasn't failed and it seems sound, but it has some issues - the drive side dropout screw is snapped off in the frame and the left side one is missing. The underside of the drive side chainstay is rusty and paint has flaked off in parts. It has a good b/b and a nearly new Miche headset fitted. It would be a shame to scrap it, but the cost of getting the dropout screw and paint fixed is probably more than it's worth if I were to sell it.

I live in Burgess Hill, just north of Brighton, there's a mainline train station and we're minutes from the A23.

Attachments

• Frame2.jpg
    Frame2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 326
  • Seatstays.jpg
    Seatstays.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 326
  • chainstay.jpg
    chainstay.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 326
  • headtube.jpg
    headtube.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 326
Re: Karma - Free Dynatech Frame

Whereabouts are you based? If no-one local wants it I'm sure we can work something out, but I commute by bike so would find taking a frame with me 'tricky' and we've got three small kids so my wife is run off her feet and doesn't have time for lugging this (no pun intended) to the post office.

Re: Karma - Free Dynatech Frame (BRIGHTON)

I'm in Nottingham.

I could arrange a courier to collect it from your house if that's convenient? I think they will collect from a designated place if there's no-one in to answer the door.

Can pick this up from Brighton station as I'm in Portsmouth. Just say when and I'll be there (apart from today!)

I'll collect it if it's not already gone.

Back