Breezer mk1 1977 replica post klunker pre 1st mtb

Re: Breezer mk1 1976 replica post klunker pre 1st mtb

sinnerman":13z9dlrp said:
Very cool indeed.

Did Si ever finish his do you know...? there was talk of the frame numbers bearing the letter C for continuation, was there much involvement advice direction from Joe in the end...? I know Si was given the original drawings or copies off...?

I applaud you Pete, you should be doing this for a living as I said before.

:cool:

Thank. I dropp Dr S a line a whiel back nto sure where he got to . i do like the idea of puttign a C or R on the frame numbers maybe in a diffrents size or font. i did get loads or pics and drawings and ideas on how to make the tube form si and pusted the images here: http://www.pinkbike.com/u/biglev/album/Breezer-mk1-1976/?page=2
p4pb9367272.jpg

p4pb9367267.jpg

i have offeres si or any one who wants it the fork crown CNC files so they can cut one if they need.
p4pb9368181.jpg

i have been thinking of whether is worth my time making some retro forks and stem and may be some semi evil 29er retro cross over stuff. but not ready to stop the day job yet :¬)

:shock: :cool: Wow! I like that a lot.

What's it like to ride?

andyz":i10wtd0t said:
:shock: :cool: Wow! I like that a lot.

What's it like to ride?

its rides well. quite alot like a all mountain bike. log wheel base slack head angle. its good down hilel and not bad goign back up there is little flex peddaling it. its a bit of a bone shaker dh. but i have not done more that 3-4 mile on it. i will try and keep it in pretty good shape.

the brakes are rubbish as i only have the leather pad and need the full rubber ones and may swap them out for soem fibrax period ones. thanks for looking.

biglev,

Since your Breezer #1 replica project has been aired on at least two Retrobike pages I've lost track of who said what, but regarding what I think about the making of replicas of Breezer #1: Fine by me, may they multiply. Far prefer it than nobody caring. Regarding how to mark a replica, here's a link to Richard Byrne's (Speedplay pedals) replica of his 1961 Masi Special. For anyone curious how frames are (were) built, this offers a glimpse:

http://www.speedplay.com/speedplaylabs/masi/index.html

One answer to the replica question is given in one of the last images.

Joe

Excellent work!! Just add a pump and go riding! ;)

Breezin":1nsiqcqj said:
biglev,

Since your Breezer #1 replica project has been aired on at least two Retrobike pages I've lost track of who said what, but regarding what I think about the making of replicas of Breezer #1: Fine by me, may they multiply. Far prefer it than nobody caring. Regarding how to mark a replica, here's a link to Richard Byrne's (Speedplay pedals) replica of his 1961 Masi Special. For anyone curious how frames are (were) built, this offers a glimpse:

http://www.speedplay.com/speedplaylabs/masi/index.html

One answer to the replica question is given in one of the last images.

Joe
Thanks for getting back to me. It good to know that its not a proble as I would love to make a mk2 in nickle plate as some stage. woooow that Masi is amazing. I will defo mark frame as replica on the BB shell form now on. Some great pics of a steel frame build there as well.

Happy trails.
Pete

Back