1990 YETI F.R.O.

Thank you very much for all of the positive comments guys, this is the build I always wanted to do and I'm very pleased with how it is turning out so far.

So last night I left my friends in the pub early, opened a bottle of Chablis and set to work. Here are the results.

There are a few things left to sort out of course, the first being a black shimano inner chainring as the silver one sticks out like a sore thumb. I've ordered some black ODI Tomac grips this morning as I'm not sure about the pink/purple ones, and I have a black turbo on the way.... M732 pedals are on their way as well as a NOS chain. I could only find a HG70 chain, if any one has a NOS HG90, let me know!

I invested in some nice Park Pro cable cutters and wondered why the hell I have forced myself to survive using crap pliers until now! I will of course be fitting end caps once I've fitted the chain and set up the mechs and brakes correctly!

I apologise for the indoor iPhone pics, I'll dig the D300s out when it's complete and get some good ones on the shakedown ride!

Hi

I've been following your build from the start, and its a credit to
you along with your patience......its been a journey that I'm glad you
shared with us all.

hope the last few pieces fall into place and you get out and about on her if this long
awaited spring ever arrives.

BTW love the black look especially with the subtle gold on the bars

respect

Nick

Retro Spud":1cini9kj said:
Hi

I've been following your build from the start and its a credit to
you along with your patience......its been a journey

hope the last few pieces fall into place and you get out and about on her
love the black look especially with the subtle gold on the bars

respect

Nick

Thanks Nick, I really appreciate it. I wasn't sure about the Syncros bars and stem, though they've grown on me now, the gold seems to match the sidewalls of the tyres quite well! If I ever find the elusive black ATAC stem (with noodle!) and some black Hyperlites I'll swap them out but I'm happy for now. Cheers

Inspirational build, absolutely no need to apologise for the pictures as they all do the subject serious justice. A gorgeous build.

LeeDevelopment":2ikuamnm said:
Inspirational build, absolutely no need to apologise for the pictures as they all do the subject serious justice. A gorgeous build.

Thank you pal, that means a great deal coming from you. I can't wait to finish it and fulfil one of my childhood dreams!

just plain .....WOW!!!
it is so hard to attain that level of detail. :shock:
it all goes together beautifully.
very nice. makes me want a yeti.
roy

Retro_Roy":2bzgizjj said:
just plain .....WOW!!!
it is so hard to attain that level of detail. :shock:
it all goes together beautifully.
very nice. makes me want a yeti.
roy

Thank you Roy. It's taken a while, but we're getting there now!! :cool:

Imagine how I feel Roy,I stupidly sold it on to Ben!!

But Ben fantastic job mate in everyway from the array of nos parts to
Having the patients to wait till you found someone to chase the b/b threads.
The attention to detail is great.

To you sir I take my hat off to.

mtbdave":26qhhktg said:
Imagine how I feel Roy,I stupidly sold it on to Ben!!

But Ben fantastic job mate in everyway from the array of nos parts to
Having the patients to wait till you found someone to chase the b/b threads.
The attention to detail is great.

To you sir I take my hat off to.

Thanks Dave, for both for the compliment and for selling me the frame and forks!

Here's a couple more pics against a plain background!

Latest posts

Back