my bikes stolen :-( ...and found :-)

Re: my bikes stolen :-(

Thanks all, I'm currently trying to make a list of parts on the bikes.
I really wish I had kept up to date pictures and lists. Wheelies keep hounding me for info, never seen such eager insurance people, though they sent me spreadsheet s in the end as the poor chap was getting baffled by numbers and date codes*
He wanted to know years, all I could say for the new parts was 'modern', :LOL:

I've heard of another garage go about a mile from me, stole the bikes and car, then dumped the car. After breaking in to get the car.
So large bike theft going on in the area as the police are now inspecting 'second hand' places themselves and the dissolved team they used to have for that might be getting going again.

I hope you get some sort of positive outcome from it if that's possible :?

I live in a tenement stair in an area where theft isn't exactly unknown. There is a bike left there every day with two massive Abus D locks on it. No problem. There is also another bike which has now been in the stair for about 6 months with no lock, just leaning against the wall. It is still there and I've never seen it move. very odd.

Terrible news Ben, really hope you get a good result. At least the 'O' will be easy to spot with that finish!

All locked together, through wheels etc. Cannot remember if they where locked to other objects, they usually where.

I suppose a determined theif will get through anything if they think they wont be caught. I did have a look on the bay but no sign of your orange there yet.

I did spot this clockwork going cheaply though which along with the description made me wonder if it was a bit fishy: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 5495326759

I suppose there is no way to flag potentially suspicious items on the forum without being open to litigation? I was wondering if a sticky thread for dubious items might help but can see there could be lots of difficulties with that.

I Lost my clockwork 20 years and it still bothers me.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What makes you say that Ebay listing is dodgy?

It is awful when things get stolen. Given the nature of the items, I hope someone spots them.

highlandsflyer":1kgt1ubi said:
What makes you say that Ebay listing is dodgy?

I think in that it doesnt really describe anything or could describe anything rather.

OK ,the seller seems happy enough to divulge the frame number(could be working late till friday) and anyone knowing is was dodgy would either not reply or get a file out so personally i think this is probably OKdokey.Guys feedback is high and i dont think he'd want to lose his account on behalf of one bike worth a couple of hundred pounds tops.

What he said. I'm sure you're right and its genuine. I didn't say it was definitely dodgy, it just made me pause to think. I guess there are lots of reasons the description is a bit vague, and now I've looked at it again perhaps the reason could be the seller's first language is not english.
Someone may get themselves a good bargain there.

Back