Gios Torino Super Record

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
garethrl":2i4aj9fz said:
So Ed, did you manage to free up the stem?

I have soaked with PlusGas but a bit halfheartedly as quite worried at twisting the forks too fiercely. I'll have a more concerted effort now as, one way or the other, I'll be riding it at the RetroRonde.

Rolling Thunder":2i4aj9fz said:
I'm stalking him!

:shock:

A couple of hours updating it for next weekends RetroRonde (i.e. removing bottle cage, continuing to fail to free stem, fitting 40 spoke rear wheel, gettinghandy with the cone spanners) and then the first ride with rain threatening but never quite arriving.

A very smooth ride indeed with gears working an absolute charm and even managing to engage the berg friendly 28t. Single pivot calipers are a bit rubbish though.

Next step was to pack the kit - wool Brooklyn jersey? Obviously. Retrobike bibs? Naturally (I can do a wool jersey but no way am going the wool short route). Pristine white leather mitts? In the bag. Sidis, Duegis or adidas Merckx? Hmm, possibly the Duegis as the Sidis and Merckx are both l'eroica veterans so seems only fair to let the Duegis see some action. Apart from a range of podium kit, everything else is gravy apart from the need for a Gios cap to round off the look.

All in all, seems a fair excuse for a couple of unnecessary bike photos.

Attachments

• P5180255.JPG
    P5180255.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 244
  • P5180257.JPG
    P5180257.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 244

Latest posts

Back