TA Cyclotourist single cranks & BB-Sorted

sawston_vulcan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
165mm or 170mm in good condition [threads and tapers]......if complete, i'd prefer a 1/8'' chainring [43T-52T]....I would need the pedal threads to be English rather than French.

If anyone has a matching TA 314 BB that would be great or something you have used successfully or an alternative recommendation be it JIS or ISO?

Posting would be necessary as i am in Cambridge unless you are going to Ripley in a couple of weeks time.

Anyone have a set going spare?

Re: TA Cyclotourist single cranks/chainset with BB a bonus

I have a 170mm set but with French threads, I'm afraid - although I think some people will re-tap them. If you don't find your BB, I have found that a Shimano UN55 with 115mm axle works well and gives an appropriate chainline with a TA double.

I have a TA 314 axle if you still need 1.

Pedalitis":3c15zzvu said:
I have a 170mm set but with French threads, I'm afraid - although I think some people will re-tap them. If you don't find your BB, I have found that a Shimano UN55 with 115mm axle works well and gives an appropriate chainline with a TA double.

Thanks for the advice......I read somewhere JIS is based on old school French sizing.

I would rather have a set with English threads for obvious reasons.....plus the hassle of getting them retapped etc....but thanks for the offer.

Seems I have the cranks [LFGSS] and BB from here...so this thread is closed....cheers.

Back