1992 Klein Adroit Backfire UltraLight replica

Re: 1992 Klein Adroit Backfire

mkozaczek":lok8gx4b said:
Oh yah? Looked like a 31.6 at first glance.

Ok, then I take it all back. Contax rims, 986s and Ritchey tires.

Thick paint ;)

Well almost there, only need Contax rims, Ritchey tires and some titanium :roll:

Oh...and Hi-E hubs....

tigern":2wssmehv said:
mkozaczek":2wssmehv said:
Oh yah? Looked like a 31.6 at first glance.

Ok, then I take it all back. Contax rims, 986s and Ritchey tires.

Thick paint ;)

Well almost there, only need Contax rims, Ritchey tires and some titanium :roll:

Oh...and Hi-E hubs....

You'll get there. I put a set of wheels together for a friend and in the process of doing that basically put together two full build sets. We've been working on it for about 8 months and finally the wheels are complete. Takes a lot of time to get those damn hubs.

Mmmmmm... more Klein loveliness.. Gary would be proud :cool:

B776C07B-200F-4A3F-900A-EE900F81A961-6184-000004231AA331A7_zps7e455a92.jpg

I hope Gary will still be proud :roll:

repaint, wannabee UltraLight...but I like it! Always difficult, i liked it very much with al the black parts and the black wheels, but i like it like this as well, but maybe i should rebuild it with black parts again :facepalm:

But for now, i'm trying to build it like an Ultralight, still missing Hi-E hubs, Contax rims, titanium pedal spindles, titanium bottombracket, Ritchey WCS tires and a Ritchey Nitto seatpost, (but that one is on it's way). Weight is now 9,22 kg.

Attachments

• T-SL05.jpg
    T-SL05.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 379
  • T-SL04.jpg
    T-SL04.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 376
  • T-SL03.jpg
    T-SL03.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 376
  • T-SL02.jpg
    T-SL02.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 379
  • T-SL01.jpg
    T-SL01.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 380

God I want one so much it nearly makes me cry (that might be the red wine though at present :LOL:)

Both builds look amazing, you have done a really good job. Have you considered getting ETOE to spray up a slightly shorter MC1 with a bit of rise? The bike looks seriously mean and stretched. On my personal Klein the ride is so much nicer without the low stem, but I am getting older and it is a personal thing :) It would be fun to try this ultimate bike with different possibilities of front end setup. Choice of build and ride position.

Thanks!, Funny thing is, all my bikes have a no-rise stem, one even a 150mm instead of this one with 135mm. I feel fine with it, and in my opinion it looks so much better...

I have 3 spare 10-degree rise stems here so i can always try it, but till now (getting older as well :roll: ) no problem yet...

My 95 Attitude has a no rise MC2 stem and I was thinking to sell my other MC2 (with rise).
But then then thought, 'I'm getting old', so keeping it. lol

Zero rise is much preferred at the moment so if anyone has a spare MC1 I'll buy it! ;-)

Back